Re: Graphical bug new DLC missing all text on Star Wars: Journey to Batuu

by crinrict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Thanks for your help Crin.

It seems these empty bubbles or bubbles only filled with 3 dots all occur when you use 'testingcheats' and then want to use the official EA options.

So it has nothing to do with cheats like for a career or trait or something, which ofcourse are only in English.

And furthermore it's not happening with all the bubbles (see attached files) but only with some options, so that's why I think this is a real game bug.

Since these are all official EA in-game options (for example Batuu options, lifestyles, Plants, Shift+Click on a Sim etc.), I presume EA should fix these.

I don't think it's fair this post first needs a lot of 'me toos' before EA will look into this. This problem already persists through several packs for a few years now.

Message 11 of 19 (1,060 Views)

★ Guide

and some more screens of missing text in bubbles...

Message 12 of 19 (1,059 Views)

Hero
@Simmie99 Testingcheats is a cheat. You're turning on the CHEATS that were put in place for testing the game.

So yeah, this is about cheats.

I get what you're saying, you can seriously break your game if you use any of these options without having a clue what they're doing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 19 (1,042 Views)

Hero

Some DEBUG pie menu options including some from Discover University and Snowy Escape were translated. We didn’t translate these, well since ever… as they were DEBUG and only accessible with a specific cheat, but we are working on them as we go now. Thanks for your reports and patience!

Looks like a partial fixe in Patch 1.73.48/ 1.40

@Simmie99 Could you double check Batuu if that's still an issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 19 (919 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks @crinrict. I will check this and will let you know the outcome a.s.a.p.

Message 15 of 19 (899 Views)

★ Guide

Hi @crinrict, I've tested the (testingcheats) cheats on a vanilla save and it seems that most of these cheats have text now, except.... the Batuu cheats. Nothing has changed there and many (the same as before) still show only dots and miss text. Can you please ask EA to look at these again? Thanks.

Message 16 of 19 (877 Views)

Hero
@Simmie99 Thanks for checking. Leaving this open then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 19 (844 Views)

One text is still missing on the french version, the one to recycle pieces and "give bits and pieces" from Eco Lifestyle.

Screenshot 2021-08-27 114823.png

Screenshot 2021-08-27 114841.png

Ne lis/réponds pas aux demandes par message privé.
Message 18 of 19 (754 Views)

[ Edited ]

Bumping this with new strings that are missing. The previous ones seems to be fixed but now that there is a "Cheats for packs" option when you Shift + Click on a Sim, packs names seems to be missing there.

CleanShot 2022-07-27 at 12.30.13.jpg

Ne lis/réponds pas aux demandes par message privé.
Message 19 of 19 (686 Views)