Original Post

Noisy Brute challenge not counting kills

Hero

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? Challenges
Which part of it? Timed
Which date (MM/DD/YYYY)? 07/08/2018
Summarize your bug even though I've killed multiple enemies with wookie grenade, no kills tallied.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name?
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug?
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Play Galactic Assault as a wookie enforcer. 2. Kill enemies with the grenade.
What happens when the bug occurs? no kills counted for challenge
What do you expect to see? kills get counted
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

yet another challenge that doesn't work properly...

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 1 of 22 (4,559 Views)

Timed challenge 'Noisy Brute' not counting all grenade kills

★★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which part of it? Timed
Which date (MM/DD/YYYY)? 07/16/2018
Summarize your bug The timed challenge, Noisy Brute, claimed that you had to defeat 5 enemies with any grenade. Yet, despite defeating at least a dozen or so with the flash bang grenade,l barrage (the heavy mini-grenade launcher, and wookie grenade I only received credit for 3 of 5 defeats. Unfortunately the timed challenge just expired, but I thought that I should mention it so that when it comes around again it will actually credit defeats with ANY grenades.::
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name?
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 07/15-16/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) most recent was 20:00 8:00 pm
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? At this time I would not know as the timed challenge has expired
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing happens, that's the point, I still don't know exactly which grenade kills actually were counted towards the challenge.
What do you expect to see? I do not understand the nature of the question.
AMD or Nvidia Model Number N/A

So the one of the most recent timed challenges, 'Noisy Brute', stated that 5 enemy defeats with any grenade would complete the challenge. However I failed to receive proper credit for grenade defeats while using the officer class flash-bang grenade. I switched to the heavy class and despite having defeated an enemy trooper with both the barrage and impact grenade (not assists actually kills) I did not receive the credit. I then switched between different jobs and used the grenades they had to offer, and despite killing somewhere around a dozen or so enemy players, I only received credit for 3 of 5.  I did save a match in which I defeat two enemy players using the barrage, which should have completed the challenge for me except it didn't.

Message 2 of 22 (4,472 Views)

Re: Timed challenge 'Noisy Brute' not counting all grenade kills

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Since this is one of the regularly returning challenges, it really should be fixed. I think the only thing that counted for me was the regular grenade of the Assault trooper.

I'm not sure if the Barrage kill would count anyway, but there are a bunch of throwables (Heavy Trooper's impact, Officer's flash, Enforcer's imploder) that surely should.

Message 3 of 22 (4,438 Views)

Champion

@felker_s wrote:

Since this is one of the regularly returning challenges, it really should be fixed. I think the only thing that counted for me was the regular grenade of the Assault trooper.

I'm not sure if the Barrage kill would count anyway, but there are a bunch of throwables (Heavy Trooper's impact, Officer's flash, Enforcer's imploder) that surely should.

Not sure I have seen that one.  The last 2 were kill 5 with Barrage.  Perhaps it was named different but barrage worked where others didn't. Is it possible that EA is giving us different daily challenges?

GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 4 of 22 (4,430 Views)

★★★ Pro

'Noisy Brute' is a recurring challenge, with the description of killing 5 people with *any* type of grenade.

I only said that I don't know if Barrage counts as a type of grenade.

Message 5 of 22 (4,421 Views)

Re: Noisy Brute challenge not counting kills

★ Apprentice

Not counting on PS4 either. Actually saw the count go backwards from 3 to 1 when the main menu screen refreshed. Great...thanks....

Message 6 of 22 (4,424 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@golic421 wrote:

Not counting on PS4 either. Actually saw the count go backwards from 3 to 1 when the main menu screen refreshed. Great...thanks....

Shocked

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 7 of 22 (4,409 Views)

★ Novice

The Problem also lies at how EA/Dice define "grenade" and how to describe them so the challenges become less confusing. Wookie grenade is called Thermal Imploder, so I assume it doesn't work as "grenade" in that sense, but I tried Flash Grenade from Officers yet it won't work as well.

Message 8 of 22 (4,375 Views)

EA DICE Team

Thanks for posting about this! Standard smile 

I have sent this on to the team to take a look at. 

@ScarVaapad @DarthFDG @golic421

/Atic 

Message 9 of 22 (4,345 Views)

Noisy Brute challenge not counting kills

★★★★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which part of it? Timed
Which date (MM/DD/YYYY)? 1/6/19
Summarize your bug Noisy Brute challenge not recording kills
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? SniperElite597
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 1-6-19
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 2pm
What is your time zone? ECT - GMT + 1:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play game and kill 5 people with grenades
What happens when the bug occurs? Kills do not register
What do you expect to see? Reward given after 5 Kills
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Kills not registering for Noisy Brute Please fix and give me reward

Message 10 of 22 (4,118 Views)