Nod Mission 9 A erroneous mission fail state

by YaBoiHaywire

Original Post

Nod Mission 9 A erroneous mission fail state

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Command & Conquer Remastered
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Mission is to wipe all GDI units, mission fails once a certain number of NOD units have been killed regardless of how many the player has left. I've replicated it 10+ times.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? On NOD mission 9A Capture production buildings inside north east GDI base and construct units, wait until the triggering number of them have died.
What happens when the bug occurs? Mission fails.
What do you expect to see? Mission continues until victory or failure requirements have been met.

On NOD 9A, mission is to wipe all GDI units, but the mission fails once a certain number of NOD units have been killed regardless of how many the player has left. I've replicated it 10+ times.

Message 1 of 4 (1,240 Views)

Re: Nod Mission 9 A erroneous mission fail state

★★★★★ Novice

The number of NOD deaths in question seems to be 7, which is the number of non-bought units the player has at the start without the commando, so I would guess the game isn't counting units created from the captured barracks as adding to the player's unit total?

Message 2 of 4 (1,229 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@YaBoiHaywire OMG this is such an annoying, gamebreaking bug. Even after I'm in the GDI base capturing their buildings.
Message 3 of 4 (1,031 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@YaBoiHaywire 

@mainrobot 

You need to reach your own base. That's your primary objective. Ignore that, and you fail.

"But it's not mentioned anywhere!"

Yes, it is. It's mentioned in the letters "mission failed" you're getting when you don't do it. Not to mention, in the briefing video, Kane specifically says there's a base under attack that you're supposed to reinforce and rebuild.

So if you do decide to cheese the mission by taking over the enemy base (That seems really tricky to pull off though. Are you playing on Casual?) just take the time to send something down there to remove that lose condition.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 4 of 4 (1,003 Views)