Original Post

No triple tap on Greedo

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iphone 6s
OS Version 11.3.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Greedo does never more than a double tap on his basic, even though his unique states something different.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Basic attack anything using Greedo Standard smile
Connection Type
Please select your region
Country

So after going through help.ea.com who advised me go open a forum thread, a forum moderator now suggested opening a topic.

So this is what I do, this is the text of my forum post that sums up everything: Hello everyone, I've been through quite some communication with the help.ea.com staff.

I just want to get the following thing clarified: Greedos Unique Ability " If at First You Don't Succeed" gives him the ability to attack again after scoring a critical hit on his basic. This means he could theoretically go on forever, it is always a 50% chance to attack again but it should at least trigger at a fair amount between 15%-25% of the time. The reality is, it does never trigger and I have build up quite a big sample size by now using him in many game modes and on several accounts. At release of the bounty hunter rework there was an interview with a developer who stated this exact mechanic as the only mechanic in the game that has technically no limit build in. I geared up Greedo in anticipation to this change because I saw some major potential in his kit. Unfortunately the skill does not work as expected.

I can't break through the 1st line of the support, I am constantly asked to repeat my error description over and over again even though I am replying to the Ticket I initially created. This is getting really frustrating to get an answer on a rather simple question / request like this. I did not record my tests until now, but if you need samples I am also willing to record every single basic ability my Greedo does and report back the data in some way to get this figured out.

Is it a bug? Is it working as intended? Was the information put out wrong? What is going on?

It would be awesome if a developer or a community manager could gather information about this topic and get back to me Standard smile

Greetings SmokerXXL

Oh btw, I found this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Clarity-on-Greedo-s-Double-Tap/m-p/6841653#M13675 But my experience does not fit this in any case, it never happened in hundreds of basic attacks. Not once. There is something not correct with this.

Message 1 of 10 (632 Views)

Re: No triple tap on Greedo

Hero (Retired)
Not saying this isn't bugged and they shouldn't check, but it's 50% when he scores a crit. So the chance of another attack is 0.5*crit chance (let's ignore dodges and crit immunity for now). My Greedo's around 0.3 crit chance.

So while the chance of shooting a second time is around 15%, the chance of shooting a third time is just above 2%. If you boost his crit chance with say, his special, the chance of a third shot could increase to 5%. As you can imagine, the chance of a fourth shot would be much less.

You say you have a lot of data...is it enough that you can be sure beyond the shadow of a doubt that it's less than 3/100?
Message 2 of 10 (605 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hi @SmokerXXL and thank you for the detailed report.

EDIT: After further investigation, it appears we do need to do more testing. We will get back as soon as we have more details.

Message 3 of 10 (598 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm confused by your math here.  My Greedo's crit chance in battle is about .95 once you count his unique, crit chance up and boba's leadership, essentially it is rare that he does not crit.  As long as he crits, shouldn't it be a 25% chance to hit a third time? This bug is being brought up frequently because the entirety of the bounty hunter discord channel has come to the consensus that Greedo's bonus attacks are capped at 2.  Nobody has seen an offensive triple tap yet.  Thanks to the new quests feature, I can see that' I've fulfilled Boba Fett's contract at least 230 times, which means I have at least 230 samples of using Greedo just since the quests came out.  Most players in the BH discord could say the same.  I'm confident that our sample size is large enough to draw this conclusion.

Edit: Ignore the math part, yours is the same just using far lower crit chance as a base.

Message 4 of 10 (582 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice
The YouTube link doesn't seem to work. @EA_HighCommand
Message 5 of 10 (561 Views)

Hero (Retired)
I was basing it off my Greedo's crit chance. But you've basically provided the info that answers my question. It seems you do have a large enough sample to suspect something. But it looks like the dev team has already answered and is looking into it.
Message 6 of 10 (550 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_HighCommand,

thank you for you reply, I couldn't reply earlier due to a suprise vacation this weekend Wink

It is nice to hear that you further investigate this topic. I have a large sample size on this but I never recorded anything. But I started to keep track a few days ago, so I will create something to share this data this evening.

Message 7 of 10 (522 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi all and thank you for bearing with us.

We have flagged this for further investigation now and hopefully get some clarification on it.

Message 8 of 10 (500 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just following up on this. Any updates?

Message 9 of 10 (363 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Slothnado19, it is still work in progress, but we have not forgotten about it.

Message 10 of 10 (326 Views)