Re: No timer for gas and giggles for my child sim

by crinrict

Original Post

No timer for gas and giggles for my child sim

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I am not sure, but it is the version that added the freelancer career.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Seasons, Get together, Get Famous, Parenthood, Laundry day stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. create a child sim 2. have them get gas and giggles
What happens when the bug occurs? The moodlet has no timer, I am not sure if this means that your sim will need to rest in order to recover, or if this is a bug.
What do you expect to see? A timer on the moodlet. (3 hours, 6 hours)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My child sim got sick on Thursday morning just after winterfest with a +3 playful moodlet. The moodlet has no timer, and has not gone away even after Friday. They at some point got the "giggly" moodlet for +2 playful. This moodlet had a timer however and has already left. However the gas and giggles moodlet remains.

Message 1 of 7 (1,831 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

What kind of mods are you using ? Could be a conflict.

Do you have timers on other sick moodlets ? I honestly never pay attention to that.

You can try going traveling or moving Sim out and back in to see if that solves it.

If not. you need TwistedMexis AllCheats mod, then use the cheat Sims.remove_all_buffs

This will remove all current moodlets. You can also just remove that one but I'm not sure what the name of it is.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,812 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Did you try using medicine to cure it?

Message 3 of 7 (1,796 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I never did think the gas and giggles moodlet had a timer at the beginning, of course after the giggles moodlet runs its course you get a gas moodlet where you gas when that goes down your sim will get the dazed moodlet when the hidden gas and giggle timer expires.

Edit: Don't forget it is contagious the timer won't start counting down until 8 hours after you get it.  if any other sim has it they can cause the timer to slow down.

Edit: medicine will get rid of the gas and giggles moodlet to keep it from reinfecting the sims drink tea or orange juice.

Message 4 of 7 (1,785 Views)

Hero
Just seems a bit long to not go away.

I never pay any attention to sick Sims cause they get ok so fast even if you don't do a thing.

Can't say if the moodlets have timers or not but I don't think they should still be sick after 3 days

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (1,777 Views)

Hero
@BudgiesAreBest Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (1,723 Views)

Hero
@BudgiesAreBest Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (1,702 Views)