Original Post

No stone Unturned Achievement not working - 80 runes not counting correctly

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: Anthem
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. FreePlay
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) still occuring
Summarize your bug hen trying to complete the achievement for No Stone Unturned - Complete all Bastion Collectibles Challenges, mutiple runes did not count toward progression. You need to fined 80 Arcanist Runes for part of this achievement. I have found 80 plus 14 more but the game will count 48 of them. I have researched other incidents of this. There was a indication that if you replayed as a new javelin and got past level Finding Old Friends (i believe that is what it is called) you could go and find the 80 Arcanist Runes and it should count again. I did that and no luck. Hoping you are going to add more Arcanist Runes to be found in the game come update so we can get this achievement as it has been more work then play.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game yourself and find all 80 runes
What happens when the bug occurs? Achievement is not completeable
What should be happening instead? All runes should count

hen trying to complete the achievement for No Stone Unturned - Complete all Bastion Collectibles Challenges, mutiple runes did not count toward progression. You need to fined 80 Arcanist Runes for part of this achievement. I have found 80 plus 14 more but the game will count 48 of them. I have researched other incidents of this. There was a indication that if you replayed as a new javelin and got past level Finding Old Friends (i believe that is what it is called) you could go and find the 80 Arcanist Runes and it should count again. I did that and no luck. Hoping you are going to add more Arcanist Runes to be found in the game come update so we can get this achievement as it has been more work then play. 

Message 1 of 12 (1,416 Views)

Re: No stone Unturned Achievement not working - 80 runes not counting correctly

★★★ Novice

I also created new pilots and tried again, ... not working. Im missing only ONE to get platinum! Makes me very sad and I really loved this game despite the buggy start.

Message 2 of 12 (1,319 Views)

@FelineTooth  @Raxor07   you know you need to collect all 80 runes to finish that challenge.... 10 for Mederines disciple 30 for Mederines order and 40 for Mederines peer... They get mixed up so it is like they are not counting..... As you have a second pilot, use it because you can collect the same ones and they will count for two.

So it is 120 runes you need to collect....if your stuck or tired of looking, there are maps that show their position Standard smile

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 3 of 12 (1,292 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you very much for your help. I did go after all 120 of them and still no luck. I did follow maps and guides, even videos that show the exact position, ... they are all gone. One of them must have been collected during one of the frequent DCs when the game came out and didn't get counted. Whats left is to delete save game and restart the grind.

Thanks again and stay healthy Strider!

Message 4 of 12 (1,284 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Raxor07 Sadly, the fact that some people can complete it makes it more difficult to track this down. Good Luck.
Message 5 of 12 (1,266 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Raxor07  Just to clarify, are you stuck on the Mederine's Peer (locate writings) or Vassa's Triumph (Arcanist Runes) challenges. I think there's been some confusion in this thread as to which is which.

There likely will be an Arcanist rune somehwere that you haven't found (and yes, there are some runes that genuinely don't count towards progress. I myself was stuck on 48/50 Runes even after collecting several that didn't count towards the progress and in the end just created a new pilot to finish it off. The runes and collectibles will respawn with a new pilot and challenge progress is shared between pilots).

The best way to finish these challenges is to start a new pilot. As you've already done that, I just want to make sure that you aren't looking at the Mederine's Peer challenge (locate writings) after finding an Arcanist Rune and expecting it to have updated.

Message 6 of 12 (1,251 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ChiraaKitteh Thank you!
Message 7 of 12 (1,234 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SerDagron It's Vassa's Triumph (Arcanist Runes) 49/50, I guess I will just start another pilot and hope for the best.

Thank you @everyone for the great support and help! Enjoy gaming and stay healthy!
Message 8 of 12 (1,233 Views)

@Raxor07  don't delete your save game...the second pilot will solve this and really some of them are mixed up between the 3 challenges

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 9 of 12 (1,185 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Valhalla-strider Did it!
although I had created a second pilot a while ago, I just created another, did the main quest up to "see in the dark" by Matthias, hopped into Freeplay and picked up the first rune around the corner... Platinum!

Ty again, happy gaming and stay healthy!
Message 10 of 12 (1,138 Views)