Re: No staff in restaurants!

by blucreativ

Original Post

No staff in restaurants!

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.34
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except: Journey to Batuu, Snowy Escape, Nifty Knitting and My First Pet Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim visit a restaurant
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim travels to a restaurant only to find it's completely deserted
What do you expect to see? Waiters, chefs, and hosts working!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed version 1.34

So this is another thing that's happened. Every time my sim visits a restaurant, the place is completely empty.

No hosts, no waiters, no chefs. Nobody.

Deleted a restaurant and replaced with a new one thinking it was the build that was broken, Still no staff.

I've only tried attending restaurants in San Myshuno but will update if any of the other worlds are the same.

This has only started happening since the latest update.

Anyone else?

Message 1 of 9 (19,301 Views)

Hero
@TGI_Fryeday Could you test other neighborhoods ? Where in San Myshuno did you place the restaurant ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (19,276 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This happened to me with a restaurant lot I downloaded from the gallery. It turns out there were objects blocking the staff stations so the NPCs wouldn't spawn when the lot loaded.

This solved it for me:

1. Open build/buy mode
  2. If you've been using bb.moveobjects, open the cheat console (ctrl + shift + c) and toggle it off:
    bb.moveobjects off
    This isn't strictly necessary, but it will at least make it so you can't place important restaurant objects where they might be blocked by build/buy items. 
  3. The restaurant lot should have at least one host station, waiter station, and chef station. Remove any objects that might be blocking these objects, reposition them, etc. until you can make sure that there's nothing getting in the way of where NPCs need to spawn.
  4. After making these changes, going back to live mode probably won't be enough. You'll need to save and exit to the neighborhood and then go back to your household-- re-loading the lot should cause the restaurant NPCs to spawn.
Message 3 of 9 (19,256 Views)

Hero
@TGI_Fryeday Have you been able to solve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (19,226 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue. I placed a restaurant from the gallery in the spice district (the lot with the house on it, not the karaoke bar). No staff showing up. Tried rearranging stuff, but that didn't help. I had moveobjects turned off, to ensure that everything had enough space to function. BTW, the spice festival was running at the same time. Don't know if this is relevant, but I guess every bit of info helps? 

Message 5 of 9 (19,157 Views)

Hero
@blucreativ Did you check if the staff maybe was stuck somewhere at the festival ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (19,153 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm not sure if some of the workers died or what, but I had to go back to the restaurant with them and select new workers to replace the ones that weren't showing up because it showed that no one was working for particular jobs (in my case I had no chef and no host). I hope this helps!

Message 7 of 9 (14,374 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes it happened to me too after updated all messed up I tried to remove Mc commands all of them and other mods sadly still the same.after hiring employees when they came  and I raised their income they all gone .what happened? 

Message 8 of 9 (12,575 Views)

Hero
@s607uqtce12k Do you overstuff your households ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (12,570 Views)