Original Post

Highlighted

[NEEDS INPUT] [CL] No prize money for GeekCon Hackathon

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University Game packs: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic Stuff packs: Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Spooky, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Vintage Glamour, Bowling, Fitness, Toddler, Laundry Day, Moschino Free stuff: Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to GeekCon and enter the Hackathon. Keep an eye on the other computers so you can see how many other sims enter the Hackathon. Keep an eye on your household funds to see whether you receive prize money for second or third place.
What happens when the bug occurs? Someone else wins the hackathon and no money is awarded for second or third place.
What do you expect to see? 500 simoleons for second place or 250 simoleons for third place.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I frequently send my sims to the GeekCon and almost always participate in the Hackathon. The winner is announced when the Hackathon is over and my sim gets the computer if he takes first place. That's not a problem. However, the announcement also says that there are cash prizes for second and third place, but my sims never get any prize money.

I've made a point of watching the four computers used for the Hackathon to see if anyone else is participating. It's pretty easy to tell what other sims are doing by watching the computer screens. Most of the time there are either one or two other participants. If there is only one other participant, my sim had to get second place and if there are two other participants, my sim had to be at least third place. Either way, my sim should be getting some prize money if he didn't win the computer. The only time he shouldn't get a prize is when there are at least three other participants.

Message 1 of 5 (3,178 Views)

Re: No prize money for GeekCon Hackathon

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Sketch793 Is this something new or something that has always been this way aka, did you ever made 2nd or 3rd and got money ?

I haven't tested and bit unsure but from what you say, it doesn't give the actual names and you just think you must be 2nd or 3rd because of the number of Sims you see hacking ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (3,119 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

It's always been this way as far as I know but I can't be sure because I wasn't looking for it when City Living came out. It's definitely been this way for several months though. I wanted to be sure before I posted a report about it.

The name of the winner is given but names are not given for second or third place. I know that I made second or third place because there were only two or three contestants, including my sim and the winner. As I said above, it's quite easy to see who takes part in the Hackathon and keep count.

I should add that it's best to test this with a sim who low Programming skill or none at all.

Message 3 of 5 (3,101 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It seems like the 2nd and 3rd prices are just for show and don't actually exist? I just got 68/100 and lost to a sim that got 69/100, I doubt anyone else got 2nd or 3rd...

Message 4 of 5 (2,355 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have this issue, won 1st prize computer but never got it. There is no way to contact EA to report the bug.

Message 5 of 5 (1,661 Views)