No one joining missions

★ Apprentice

Product: Anthem
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
Please select your region Australia
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Mission
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on? Vanishing act
What was your chosen difficulty level? Normal
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Storm
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. No one joins matchmaking.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 10.3.19 16.13 +08
Summarize your bug On multiple random missions no one joins matchmaking. Most of the time I dont care and just solo it. But some of the missions you need help.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? No one joins missions
What should be happening instead? Get other people to join

As above. Really if you are going to set up a game to be played with others, encourage more people to help out others. 

Message 1 of 10 (1,386 Views)

Re: No one joining missions

★★★ Newbie
Having the same issue with this mission and the ones before it as well. Issue began after i switched to private for one of the missions and now i don't get matchmaking at all unless i go into free play or quick mission, WTF?
Message 2 of 10 (1,317 Views)

★ Novice

This is happening to me, too.

Message 3 of 10 (1,183 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am playing on Pc and have the same issue

Message 4 of 10 (1,097 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wait, you all are saying we can play with other people???  

Having the same issue.  It has never matched with with other players outside of Quick Play or Free Play. 

I'm on PC. 

Message 5 of 10 (1,063 Views)

★★ Novice

Have this issue too. Been loading into echo of reality mission solo half the time. 

Message 6 of 10 (1,028 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Most people are playing on GM2 or GM3. Best bet is to take an easy route to getting 30 and 650+ javelin power score and start selecting grandmaster difficulties.

Quickplays and getting expedition achievements in Freeplay (clearing events, melee kills, combo kills, ultimate kills, etc) exiting and going back to re-earn them are best.

Message 7 of 10 (1,003 Views)

★★★ Novice

Wait. . Really? That's your solution? I have a power ranking of 930 on all 4 Javs, have completed almost all challenges and play 

GMs 2&3 exclusively. And yet I'm having the same issue w approx 75% of Cataclysm runs And slightly fewer missions but only because I will complete +90% solo before having 1-3 players load in...(effectively providing a bypass for the work load, yet still giving full xp and loot items in amts very similar to those ive received).  Sometimes i even get lucky and somehow receive fewer xp than my 10 second teammates. -1 of my favs btw.

Is the a reliable site where players can find similarly interested players, make a team in real time and then launch a mission? (Aside from the well intentioned but non functioning in game system).

Message 8 of 10 (894 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Drewamigo wrote:

And yet I'm having the same issue w approx 75% of Cataclysm runs And slightly fewer missions but only because I will complete +90% solo before having 1-3 players load in...(effectively providing a bypass for the work load, yet still giving full xp and loot items in amts very similar to those ive received).

Quickplay is best to find people since it will throw you in with groups that already started. As a matter of fact I always try quickplay first unless I am determined to run a specific contract or stronghold. Even if I want to clear a daily I run quickply a few times first because its likely other people want to do it as well.

As for Cataclysm I heard this many times and i'm not surprised. Cataclysm was nice for an event but it needs to be reformed for 'post event' life in the game. Providing a version more like regular strongholds. The time commitment is much greater than other content and far too many things can go wrong making it a poor run.

Most players dont want to run cataclysm in its current form 'casually' and I'm one of them.

Message 9 of 10 (886 Views)

★★★ Guide

I hate to say it but I don't think anyone is experiencing a "bug". The reality is probably low player count of the specific mission, difficulty, platform, geographic location, time of day etc. When I started playing in June I did most story missions solo while leveling up.

The most populated areas are strongholds, legendary contracts, freeplay, and Cataclysm on GM2 or GM3 at this point.

It doesn't help that there's a lack of information to the public of when to expect things in Anthem because people do like playing this game...and yes it's definitely "worth" the prices you're finding it at these days. Unbelievable that people will question spending a relatively low amount on game with a history of 8 months but drop $100 on a pre-order months ahead of time.

Message 10 of 10 (870 Views)