Re: No new members joining my guild

by Xhedao

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Any theories as to why everyone would suddenly stop joining?  This has never happened to us before in the years since guilds have opened.  Seems pretty unusual for no one to join for over a month.  The longest it has taken in the past to fill a spot has been 2-3 days.

Message 11 of 40 (761 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
@SmokeyJoe320 To be honest I don't know, there is nothing preventing players from joining your guild. Keep an eye on it and let me know if anyone joins your guild in the following 2 weeks.
Message 12 of 40 (754 Views)

★★★★ Novice

OK thanks.  It's making it hard to keep the rebels in line if I can't boot anyone lol.

Message 13 of 40 (750 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
Message 14 of 40 (2,309 Views)

@SmokeyJoe320 In the meantime you can try to advertise in the main forums. Also if your have discord, Google links for discord servers "Planet Coruscant" (or is old name The HSTR project) or the GRDS by DOOM.

★★★★ Novice

Ya I put a post up in the active guilds looking for members thread.  We'll see if anyone notices.  It's been a few days and nothing.  Very weird.  I'll check out the Discord links.  Thanks!

Message 16 of 40 (701 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Any more info?  It's been several more days and still no joiners.  This is definitely not just a cold stretch.  It's never happened before and it's been weeks.  This is becoming a bigger problem as a couple of people in my guild have become inactive and need to be replaces but we are already down 4.

Message 17 of 40 (655 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@SmokeyJoe320 Hey sorry to jump in this conversation, I haven't seen your Forum post about it, but what you could try is to give you allycode for people to add you as an Ally and THEN normally your guild should come up first. If you want me to try we can discuss on Discord to make some tests. Cheers
Message 18 of 40 (627 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sure.  Appreciate the help.  Is your name the same on Discord?  Mine is Dash Riprock (game name).  I'll look for you this afternoon.... a bit busy this morning.

Message 19 of 40 (615 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Over the summer the players are less active. Furthermore the Geo-TB introduction a few months ago initialized a hiking in guilds, capable of playing or getting high numbers of stars. 

Sadly, every guild offices I talked since then is reporting the same issue: almost no requests since the start of summer or the Geo-TB.

We had usually 5-10 requests a week before. Since three or four months we had 10-15 in total.

Message 20 of 40 (596 Views)