No motion from player with puck

by ssolo97

Original Post

Re: Move Stick sometimes not working

★★ Guide

Having this issue occasionally as well.
Nowhere near as frequent as some of the videos thank the Gods, but enough that it's annoying.
Definitely an issue that puts us at a disadvantage as the game requires speed and movement.

Has happened to me on both PS4/PS5 this year and the only things plugged in are Power/HDMI/LAN in the back and USB charging cord in the front

Message 61 of 88 (1,310 Views)

★★★ Novice

Because the game is unplayable overall  since your last patch it doesn't even matter if this problem ever gets solved. From many different ways to score goals there's only one left. Well done EA. Well done. 

Message 62 of 88 (1,195 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry Update please.
Message 63 of 88 (1,168 Views)

Community Manager
@ssolo97

The team is still aware of this, however there hasn't been any movement on a fix I'm afraid. :\
Blueberry.png
Message 64 of 88 (1,159 Views)

★★ Novice

I just tried again and the issue did not happen, not even once.  Could this issue be mysteriously fixed?  @ssolo97 have you tried lately?

Message 65 of 88 (1,120 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@unrealNeil72 Yes two days ago and still encountered it.
Message 66 of 88 (1,109 Views)

★★ Novice

well, I was able to play 2 or 3 games without it happening, but played tonight and every time my player gets the puck he is frozen.

Sad that I used to play this game every day and now I try it once every couple of weeks. Why is this not a more widespread issue?  We are the unlucky few...

Message 67 of 88 (1,021 Views)

★★ Novice

count me in! 
I'm also dealing with this issue. I bought NHL 22 approx. 3 months ago and everything was fine. Issue started couple weeks ago, in beginning with few freezes per game, but now it's every time I receive a puck. It's sad that we have to pay for EA bugs :/ 

Message 68 of 88 (866 Views)

Community Manager

HI there, @calvinbirch 

What system are you playing on and which controller are you using? Have you tried other controllers as well? If you have any more details on exactly what's happening, please let me know. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 69 of 88 (838 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo I'm playing Xbox series S, I have this controller:
Name
Xbox
System type
Xbox Wireless Controller - Robot White (2020)
Serial number

Yes, I have tried different controller and there wasn't this issue.

It's basically every time I receive a puck, the left thumbstick freezes. When I do something with right thumbstick, the left starts to work.

If I use 94 controls, left thumbstick works fine, I assume, that this is because in these controls, you don't need a right thumbstick.

I have tried different modes in NHL 22, and this issue is in all of them.

I would be very thankful if there would be some way to fix this issue.
Message 70 of 88 (755 Views)