No more townies being generated at all

by luthienrising

Original Post

No more townies being generated at all

My game had two townie problems previous:

- Fill Empty Homes never happens even though there are several empty households (still the case)

- All generated households have the same household structure

I have not had any newly generated households since I reported the second problem. Aging is turned on so Sims do age up and die off. I have to use Manage Households to create new townies. My game has a total of about 100 Sims in it, and from what other people have said, I think it should have more. 

Win7, downloaded game, updated 9/9

No CC or mods

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 1 of 5 (11,255 Views)

Re: No more townies being generated at all

Hero

Did you count all the dead ones in that ? There's a mod that tells you how many you have in total.

For me they are still generated but removed every night unless I put them in a household. I have 192 Sims in my town now and 180 seems to be the max.

Did you check during the day time if you have Sims that don't live anywhere ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (11,240 Views)

Didn't think to count dead Sims! I was in Manage Households when I counted, and I included all homeless Sims. I've never noticed that my game removed any Sims from the game -- all I've noticed is dying-off Elders. 

I did finally have two Sims generated when I took a Sim to the gym, so maybe we're getting only situationally generated Sims? I had thought that the game would try to keep a general "full world" number all the time, upping the overall living population when Sims died off, but that hasn't seemed to be the case. Maybe I just don't understand what it's trying to do. I'll add that mod and keep closer track for a while. 

You're actually having to house Sims for them to not disappear? I've had homeless Sims stick around for ages! They seem to disappear only if they die of old age or if I delete them. Do you have Fill Empty Homes on, and does it do anything for you? 

Sul sul!
Message 3 of 5 (11,228 Views)

Well, that's interesting. 

In Manage Households, I count 7 played Sims + 39 unplayed in Oasis Springs + 38 unplayed in Willow Creek + 6 "not in world" = 90

The GetPopulation mod tell me I have 178

So ... where?! I've not seen 88 Sims wandering around who I don't see in Manage Households. 

Sul sul!
Message 4 of 5 (11,219 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Dead Sims ?  I also wonder if purged townies count towards that total.

I'm not entirely sure when they are supposed to get generated (guess I'll go ask one of the modders) but for me, it seems to be tiggered when I go to one of the community lots.

I think it depends on your total amount of Sims on how fast they are purged. I have 196 now and all my townies are purged very night. Before, it was only Sims that had no relationship to my Sim.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (11,214 Views)