No longer receiving new members to the guild

by jsimon1013

Original Post

No longer receiving new members to the guild

★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? All devices, this is not specific to one account
OS Version All OS, this is not specific to one account
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 418-959-951
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug No longer receiving new members to the guild
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Uh, good question! There must be some quick data mine you can do to see guild activity over the last few years and compare it to current, but that's not for me to know.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

So, the issue our guild has run into is that we are no longer receiving no players. We created this guild the day that guild's went live back in the day and we've always had the rule that if you don't show up for three weeks without warning that we remove you and add a new player.

Playerbases being what they are we tend to hold about 30 regular spots that rarely change, and the other 20 are more of a revolving door. Now, in these years, when we would drop a player, by the next day there were multiple options looking to join the guild, almost always more requests than available seats, and always within 24 hours. At this point, we have now gone four straight weeks without a single request.

I could see maybe going a week with only one request but a solid month with none is not something that I would chalk up to "oh its just a dry spell". I switched out guild to "Open" last week to see if that would resolve the issue, but that had no impact. We have not change out guild name since we initially created it; it's called the "Lasagna Armada" ... don't ask. I had hoped that this latest update may jostle things back in place, but no such luck. Like I implied, this is a very sudden and drastic change over what had been the norm for years, which makes me think that something isn't right.

I've read a number of similar complaints on this forum and in reddit and many seem to come down to common guild names, new guilds, and the like, none of which seems to fit the specifics of our case.

Let me know what tests or steps that you suggest and thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 1 (102 Views)