No crops in Magnolia promenade

by Cinthilaa

Original Post

No crops in Magnolia promenade

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest update (Snowy escape patch)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city lving, get to work, get together, island living, seasons, get famous, cats & dogs, perfect patio, romantic garden, spa day, outdoor retreat, spooky stuff, movie night. I'm potentiallly forgetting one or two.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Well, plant things on a lot in magnolia promenade, watched it grow and never (ever) produce crops. Also notice how none of the plants in magnolia promenade landscape seem to ever produce crops to collect, even after hours and days on a lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? It's not something that happens, it just is. There's no crops in Magnolia promenade, doesn't matter if the plants are indoors or outdoors, or outside or inside a lot. The plants do grow but there's never fruits/vegetables/flowers to collect. I don't have that issue in any other worlds.
What do you expect to see? Well, I expect plants to eventually produce something that can be collected.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't know if this is a new issue, as I'd been a while since I'd played extensively enough in magnolia promenade to notice.

I opened a shop, bakery/flower shop, and wanted to use the crops to bake and make flower arrangements. But no crops ever appeared.

They were first planted inside, but as I noticed it was taking a while and the season was about the end, I moved most plantations indoors and only kept the trees outside.

I noticed that, even though the plants were growing, they never seem to need any tending to, like water or remove weeds and stuff, and I though that was weird. It got weirder when some of the trees planted died without ever needing anything to prevent it from happening.

I recently started to try and fertise them to see it it would help but nothing so far.

I should add that the shop is opened almost everyday for about 8-10h, so the plants had plenty of time to grow, though "sheltered", and that it's been like two decades (1rst baby is now young adult), sim time, since I first planted something. 

Would love some help, even though it won't change much after since I'm almost done with this generation... At least for next time, and others. 

Message 1 of 6 (351 Views)

Re: No crops in Magnolia promenade

Hero
@Cinthilaa Could you test this on a fresh save that never had mods in on a vanilla game and check if it occurs there too ?

To see if it's related to the saves.

(I am assume that you have already tested this save without mods to make sure it's not a mod issue)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (323 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @crinrict ,

thank you so much for taking the time! Yes, I have tried without mods and felt like the issue was still there, the test didn't last for days though...

But I haven't tried on a vanilla safe, I can give it a go and see what happens. I can also send you my save if you want to see for yourself!

Message 3 of 6 (308 Views)

Hero
@Cinthilaa Have to prioritize a bit currently but it doesn't hurt if you want to provide your save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (305 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Cinthilaa That is an OLD bug. First showed up after a patch not long after Seasons came out. Plants don't grow on community lots unless you're there at 5am.

This is why I made my "Scientist Career Graveyard Shift" mod. It makes it so the career is from 12am to 9am so you're on the lot at 5am and plants then grow.
Message 5 of 6 (301 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Psychotps But OP says the played hours and days on the lot, so not sure this is the same (unless of course it wasn't days in a row as I assumed)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (298 Views)