No Party Chat Button

by crispyldonuts

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No Party Chat Button

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone X
OS Version 13.6.1
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to party tab; chat button does not exist for my party or any other party.
What do you expect to see? Chat button at parties.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

Party chat does not exist at my party or at others’ parties!

Message 1 of 23 (2,170 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: No Party Chat Button

★★★★ Novice

Connected to EA and my Game Center.

I was nervous to delete the app and redownload it, but that seems to have fixed the problem! 

I really appreciate your help.

View in thread

Message 6 of 23 (2,069 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Is anyone else having this problem? When I try to contact support, it redirects me here.

Message 2 of 23 (2,113 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@crispyldonuts 

Sorry you haven't got a reply before now. 

Is it only the chat button that is missing from your game? When you open the Settings panel, can you see the option to connect your game to EA, Facebook, etc?

I see you are on level 42. Did you choose an age under 13 when you started the game? I'm asking you because there are age restrictions for mobile games as you can read on this article: EA and age restrictions for mobile games.

This is how the Settings panel looks when you indicate that you are a minor:

UnderageSettingsTSM.png

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 3 of 23 (2,101 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@SalixCat 
I’ve always had the party chat, but on the last update it changed. I used to be able to connect to Facebook, but never decided to. 

I’m 26 and would have set my age accordingly. Now, my settings screen looks exactly like the photo you sent.

is there any way to change this without resetting my game???

Message 4 of 23 (2,081 Views)

Hero
@crispyldonuts How was your game saved before this update? Was it connected to EA or any other accounts?

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 5 of 23 (2,073 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Connected to EA and my Game Center.

I was nervous to delete the app and redownload it, but that seems to have fixed the problem! 

I really appreciate your help.

Message 6 of 23 (2,070 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@crispyldonuts You're welcome. I'm very glad you could reinstall the game app without losing your progress. 😊

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 7 of 23 (2,058 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crispyldonuts This happened to my game too, decided to delete and reinstall it. The chat now appears but it gave me a mini heart attack. Glad my previous data was able to be reuploaded. My contacts in the game are missing right now and I’m not able to friend request them again. Did that happen to you after you reinstalled the app?
Message 8 of 23 (2,009 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@timarisunflower I'm glad this worked for you too 🙂
What iPhone model and iOS versión do you have? The team will be interested in this information in order to investigate this issue.

Your friend list will most probably reappear after a while. It might take some time to sync.

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 9 of 23 (2,005 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@timarisunflower 

That is happening to me right now too! Sometimes I see my friends, sometimes not. . .but they are still there!

Message 10 of 23 (1,996 Views)