Re: No Party Chat Button

by renbar152

Original Post

★ Guide

That’s how mine looks also, i am on the highest level. Now apple has an update and I don’t know what to do. Any help would be appreciated. I have lots of sims cash and resources and don’t want to loose them. 

Message 11 of 23 (816 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@renbar152 

Just before you do anything, I would make sure TSM is backed up on the cloud. I have an iPhone, so I made sure both Game Center and tsm were backed up. I’m not sure how it works with android. 

Keep in mind that every time you play the game after you back it up, that new progress won’t be backed up unless you back it up again/have auto backups. I still would go in and manually back up your phone before you install an update or reinstall the app.

good luck!

Message 12 of 23 (811 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@SalixCat I have a IPhone SE and this issue happened with the IOS 13.7 update and the current IOS 14 update didn’t make a difference with the problem.

P.s my friends list did reappear eventually. 😓
Message 13 of 23 (801 Views)

★ Guide
@crispyldonuts Do you mean back up the whole ph? I still have the old ph on my list. When I go into settings, I have 3 options, old ph, new ph, and my iPad. I can’t find sims mobile on my list of apps either. I don’t understand why this happened. It’s seems talking to EA through email is talking forever. I want to update my ph. I to much invested in this game to loose it. I had it save through all the options FB, Twitter,and apple. They are all gone. So I don’t have the options in that panel to save them. And EA.
Message 14 of 23 (795 Views)

★ Guide

My friend list would disappear at times. It always returned. I’m worried on loosening this game. I have to much invested, a lot of money in purchases and would never do it all over again.  They don’t give you your stuff back. They rolled my game back and I lost a lot of items. Don’t want to do that again. Thanks 

Message 15 of 23 (792 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, I’d back up the whole phone! If you go to settings and click on the top where Apple ID, iCloud is... you can manually back up there and also you can check iCloud to see if Game Center is backed up. Then, if you go to iCloud and click manage storage, you can edit the backups and make sure TSM is backed up.

I do this periodically for peace of mind, and before updates or especially if I have to redownload an app! 

Message 16 of 23 (791 Views)

★ Guide

Can I do this all from the ph? I don’t have a computer anymore. Thanks for the help 

Message 17 of 23 (787 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Also, make sure on the TSM settings in the game that you connect to as many social media sites/EA/Game Center as you can do you have extra safety nets. I had to redownload to see the social media connect options again, but now I have Facebook, my EA account, and Game Center all linked to my game play.

Message 18 of 23 (786 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@renbar152 I agree with crispyldonuts, also make sure your Game Center is turned on to be backed up every time your phone does a backup and that you are signed into the Game Center. This all can be accessed in the system settings app on your iPhone.

Always back up your phone before any update, incase something goes wrong and you have to restore it then you won’t lose anything.

As far as the issue of the chat not appearing at parties, both crispyldonuts and I have had to delete our app , then reinstall it. After reinstalling the app just press next when it says design a new sim then it will give you a choice to start over or continue from the saved sim data in the iCloud, if you choose the saved ICloud sim data then you should have everything back again, sims cash and coins.

I would do the IOS update first, then back up again, then delete and reinstall the sims app plus process that was explained in par above.

Hope that helps the chat issue.
Message 19 of 23 (785 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Of course, you can do this all from the phone! As long as you have enough cloud storage it should be fine! It doesn’t take up much space. I pay $1 a month for cloud storage and I have about 8,000 photos, a couple games, and 500 contacts saved and I’m only using about 1/2 the space.

Message 20 of 23 (782 Views)