Re: No Land Parcel Unlock after upgrading Lifestyle

by gamer2049er

Original Post

No Land Parcel Unlock after upgrading Lifestyle

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPad Air 2, iPhone 8S
OS Version 11.3.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003448394603
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unclear if it can be replicated. However, the issue happens when moving up in Lifestyle level, and an unlock is not granted.
What do you expect to see? Upon reaching a new Lifestyle level, I expect to receive the unlock associated with said level.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback This is quite disconcerting. I did not realize that I was missing a second land parcel unlock until investigating this particular issue.

Hello,

There is a bug in my game where I reached a new lifestyle level and did not receive the associated unlock.

While investigating this issue, I believe I am now missing two land parcel unlocks.

I just reached the "Snazzily Dazzling" lifestyle level.

This lifestyle level has a land parcel unlock associated with it.

As shown in the attached screenshot, I am unable to unlock a land parcel.

I had just achieved the new lifestyle level, and immediately tried to unlock a land parcel.

This is not a case where I unlocked a land parcel, forgot about it, and then tried to unlock another land parcel.

I also believe I am missing a second land parcel unlock, based on the analysis below (please let me know if I am making any mistaken assumptions).

1. The house plot has 36 squares (6x6 grid)
  2. There are a total of 27 land parcel unlocks listed in the game (reviewing the entire list of Lifestyle Levels). This implies the game starts with 9 land parcels unlocked (9 + 27 = 36, the total size of the house plot).
  3. I have 15 land parcels still left unlocked.
  4. This means 21 land parcels have been opened (36 - 15 = 21).
  5. When reviewing the list of Lifestyle Levels, there are a total of 14 land parcel unlocks up to, and including, Snazzily Dazzling.
  6. If the game starts off with 9 unlocked land parcels, then I should have 23 land parcels opened. As state above, I believe I have 21 land parcels opened.
  7. When I tap on a land parcel that is adjacent to one of my existing land plots, I receive a message that I must upgrade my lifestyle level.

Please help!

Message 1 of 4 (763 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
bump
Message 2 of 4 (649 Views)

From my calculations you start with 8 plots. The entire building plot is 36 (5x5 plots on 6 by 6 land). 
I count 26 expansion plots. So you'd end up with 2 plots left, which might be intentional (to be unlocked in a future update?).

You should have 21 or 22 unlocked plots, I'm still not sure if you unlock them on or after getting the new lifestyle. 

I might be calculating wrong. I'll add the screenshots I've used to calculate the size.

Screenshot_20180309-155417.png

Screenshot_20180605-172401.png

Screenshot_20180310-011227.png

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 3 of 4 (581 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi @Phantomlover1717,

I suppose it's possible that a few plots could be left "unlockable" at the current time, as a future update.

I'm a bit exhausted from bug tracking, so I've kind of given up on the land parcel unlock numbers for the time being.

However, the larger issue I'd like to report from here is that I was supposed to receive a land unlock a few Lifestyle upgrades ago, and never received it. 

Thanks for following up on this!

Message 4 of 4 (487 Views)