[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Iphone 6s
OS Version 13.5.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 433619275
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug We’ve had no join requests in over a month, and we used to get several a day.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I’m not sure how you’d test us not showing up in the recommended section, but it’s either that or the player base has dropped suddenly and significantly.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

We haven’t had any new applicants to our guild in over a month. We used to get multiple ones a day, and it suddenly stopped. My theory is that we’re not showing up in the recommended guild tab.

I was able to find a few other reports of this issue over the past year, and it seems that the usual suggestion is to advertise in forums. Before anyone says it, let me say that it is NOT an acceptable answer as a feature of the game seems to be bugged. A workaround doesn’t actually fix the problem. Also, we are a semi-casual guild of mostly f2p players and dolphins, some of whom only play a few days a week. Most people looking on the forums are looking for hardcore guilds, which we are not. We rely on those in-game applicants. Please fix this!

Message 1 of 7 (559 Views)

Re: No Join Requests

[ Edited ]

@LeeKaine I searched for “Kessel Runners” and your guild came up after 2 refreshes.

One complication is that you can’t add a period in the search field, so it’s impossible to search for your exact guild name. But it is possible to find you under advanced search!

★ Novice

Thank you! At least I know now that it shows up. Hopefully they’re able to address the no applicants issue. I doubt that the player base dropped so much so suddenly that our join requests would stop completely.

Message 3 of 7 (517 Views)

★ Novice

I edited the bug report to remove the part about us not showing up in advanced search and also unmarked the post that found us as the solution since that was only half of my problem. Now the post only references the problem of not having guild applicants. I shouldn’t have put two issues in one bug report, but it’s fixed now.

Message 4 of 7 (441 Views)

★★★ Novice

Our guild is experiencing the same issue starting in July. We’ve gone almost 2 whole months without a single request after fielding multiple per day for 5 years. This is about to completely * our guild that has been around since the inception of the game. 

Message 5 of 7 (353 Views)

@ltswb1 What is your guild?

★★★ Novice
Message 7 of 7 (340 Views)