No Job Promotion

by Parkyy141

Original Post

No Job Promotion

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? BASE: 1.77.131.1030 (64 BIT)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure
What happens when the bug occurs? Cant promote in any job
What do you expect to see? I expect to get promoted, but dont
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So I had just finished the bodybuilder career path so started a new job but there was no tasks for promotion even tho it was the 1st level of the job so I left the job joined another and still shows nothing for promotion ? I completed the daily tasks went to work and had the promotion symbol ticked but still no promotion

Message 1 of 11 (4,108 Views)

Promotion Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? BASE: 1.77.131.1030 (64 BIT)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Max out bodybuilding in the bodybuilder path
What happens when the bug occurs? No matter what save, even if a different save all together such as a new charector etc I cant promote in any job
What do you expect to see? I should be able to promote but It doesnt allow me to do so
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So I had just finished the bodybuilder career path so started a new job but there was no tasks for promotion even tho it was the 1st level of the job so I left the job joined another and still shows nothing for promotion ? I completed the daily tasks went to work and had the promotion symbol ticked but still no promotion. So I thought it might be that save so started fresh with a new save file a new sim and loaded in went to select jobs chose astraunaut to test and no promotion requirments and unable to promote, so i tried again after reparing the game via the launcher created a new save and again no jobs allowed me to promote 

Edit - I wiped my game, uninstalled deleted all files, started completly new, new game, no saves nothing and yet still I cant promote in a job

Message 2 of 11 (4,110 Views)

Re: No Job Promotion

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Parkyy141 What do you mean by no task for promotion ?

How many days did you play after it got ticked ? Have you tested another Sim to see if they have the same issue ?

EDIT: Merged your duplicate threads)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (4,076 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I was playing for 2 days, as stated I "So I thought it might be that save so started fresh with a new save file a new sim and loaded in went to select jobs chose astraunaut to test and no promotion requirments and unable to promote, so i tried again after reparing the game via the launcher created a new save and again no jobs allowed me to promote" so I did try an another sim and later on I wiped my game, uninstalled deleted all files, started completly new, new game, no saves nothing and yet still I cant promote in a job. So no matter the sim no matter what Ive tested im still unable to see the Promotion tasks such as get a skill level to a certain level.

Message 4 of 11 (4,054 Views)

Hero
@Parkyy141 Depending on how low you are there might not be any skill requirements.

Here's what you should get for astronaut: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/careers/astronaut/

I assume you started at level 1 and never made it to level 2 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (4,043 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I can confirm not getting a job promotion when starting at level 1, even though the requirements are met and the promotion bar signals that you should get a promotion.

Base Game Only, no cc/mods, never used. Game version 1.77.131.1030 

I used a fairly new sim who had never had a job before. This sim was a generated townie "gardener", so he has level 10 skill in gardening, but very few other skills. Had him join the Astronaut career. The job panel looks like this on first joining:

Sims 4 BG Astronaut job A1-job accepted.png

Completed the Daily Task (play chess) & chose to "Work Hard" the first day. Returned home from work with this:

Sims 4 BG Astronaut job A2-at home after 1st day.png

Expected a promotion the next work day. I chose to let him "Work Normally". Got a pop-up challenge. Unfortunately chose the wrong answer, and lost job performance during the workday, so even though it still appears he should be promoted when he got home, I waited and went through one more work day. He was not promoted the next day either:

Spoiler
Home after 2nd day of work; lost slight job performance during the workday
Sims 4 BG Astronaut job A3-after 2nd day lost job perf.png

Home after the 3rd workday, still no promotion.
Sims 4 BG Astronaut job A4-at home after 3rd day.png

I did not experience any issues with the interface itself, I'm not certain what is meant by "job promotion requirements". My interface did show the bubble over the promotion requirements on hover.

Message 6 of 11 (4,022 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It wasnt just for astraunt and I made sure I had the requirments but The promtion nver came

This is exactly what was happening to me but for every job not just astruaunt

Message 7 of 11 (4,010 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I have a weird update - after saving and closing the game, I returned to the same save for more testing. What was weird is that the next day (the 4th day of employment), the same sim got promoted. And he continued to get promoted every day after work, even without having the promotion bar filled or a checkbox to show he's ready to be promoted.

I did get this sim to level 10 logic after the third day, so I have a question about which thing made him promoted.

@Parkyy141 - did you ever save and close the game when the sim wasn't being promoted? I'm wondering if reopening the game causes some programming to check the promotional requirements and that's why he was promoted. If you can test this theory, it would be great. Just go through the first 3 or 4 days without getting the promotion, then save and close the game. After you reopen the game, see if your sim gets promoted.

If it's not that, then maybe it's because I skilled the sim to level 10 logic, and the game is not using the correct level logic for promotion.

I'll update my original post with pictures and more explanations, but it would be great if I could get some confirmation that someone else had the same results first.

Message 8 of 11 (3,988 Views)

★★★ Novice

so i did save and close after reaching logic level 5 after like a week in game had gone by of not being promoted and still no promotion occured for a further 3 days. What has ruined the game for me though is that ever after uninstalling and clearing all sims data from my pc and starting fresh creating new sim and new save after factory reset was that no matter which job i chose to start with there was no promotion requirments anymore and no promotions occuring

Message 9 of 11 (3,981 Views)

Astronaut career cant get promoted

★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.96.397.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? join the astronaut career and try to get promoted.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim goes to work with everything maxed like his performance and daily task but just comes home everyday like it was a normal working day with everything still maxed.
What do you expect to see? Sims get promoted.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Since having the infant update and downloading the growing together expansion pack.

Did only notice recently but not sure how long it might not been working properly.

Message 10 of 11 (2,939 Views)