★★★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080TI
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32GB
Please select your region Other
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Right at start of creating a new character. After you choose your gender you are supposed to pick up your gun, I can see the animation of it but I have no gun or any ammunition from that point on and cant continue due to the fact that I can't shoot the barrels to break through the barricade
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 15.02.2021 07:12am (GMT +2)
Summarize your bug Right at start of creating a new character. After you choose your gender you are supposed to pick up your gun, I can see the animation of it but I have no gun or any ammunition from that point on and cant continue due to the fact that I can't shoot the barrels to break through the barricade
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know start a new character maybe?
What happens when the bug occurs? Right at start of creating a new character. After you choose your gender you are supposed to pick up your gun, I can see the animation of it but I have no gun or any ammunition from that point on and cant continue due to the fact that I can't shoot the barrels to break through the barricade
What should be happening instead? I should be able to pick up my rifle and actually have it to continue the intro, currently I am stuck and can't even complete that

Decided to give Anthem a try again after two years, sad to see that absolutely nothing has really changed, game still has game breaking bugs right from the start Frown

Message 1 of 5 (949 Views)

Re: No Gun in Intro of game

@Ripcord-z99   I can't really remember but I thought we had to equip it manually at that point....I'll check it out later today

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 2 of 5 (939 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Valhalla-strider thx would be much appreciated, I looked around, there was nothing for me to pick up, used TAB a couple of times but I had no weapon at that point what so ever so something definitely feels wrong here. On videos I watched of the start it shows that after you choose your gender that the javelin picks up the gun then continues to get the health pack that gives you double jump but for me that never happens, I deleted the new game three times and restarted it 4 times and does the same each and every time
Message 3 of 5 (921 Views)

@Ripcord-z99  hi there I started a new game and you don't need to equip anything....just shoot at the barrels....it's already equipped normally.....aim and shoot.....tell me what happens

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 4 of 5 (895 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Valhalla-striderthe problem was when you go down after taking down the raven and you have to choose your gender, according to video feeds I watched when you get up from there you automatically pick up your weapon and slot it onto your side, with me that never happens, I don't have a gun on me at all so even if I aim and shoot at the barrels, nothing happens as there is no gun to shoot with.  I reinstalled the game several times and eventually it gave me a version that worked, but to be honest, I left Anthem because of it's buggy state and after two years see that not much has changed and even worse flying around outside is basically playing solo as doesn't seem this game has any player base left to speak of really, so  one of the things that was pushed in Anthem  "team play" is not viable as there is no one left to make a team with.  Thanks for your efforts to assist anyway, much appreciated.

Message 5 of 5 (865 Views)