Audio is delayed

★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 970
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? W3sTKnox9
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. no
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lifeline
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? i dont know
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. everywhere
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. shooting
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? all
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) .
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? The audio starts * up every time i start shooting and it being delayed footstep, gun shots, everything is delayed every time i shoot
What should be happening instead? that its not being delayd
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? just play the game

You guys need to post more on twitter or something to let people know what you guys are aware of and what you are not aware of and what you are trying to fix.

Message 11 of 18 (281 Views)

Audio and Video un-sync

★★★★ Novice

It happens sometimes, maybe 1-2 times if I played 4-5 hours. Sometimes the game turned to mute or partial mute in a sudden, e.g. I could hear the footstep but couldn't hear the gunshots, or sometimes the audio delays,  like you hear the voices 3 or 5 seconds later than the voice actually occurred, restart the client or start the next game would solve it.

Message 12 of 18 (298 Views)

PLEASE FIX THE SOUNDBUGS!!

★★★★ Newbie

Literally every Time I Land somewhere where 3 or more squads are fighting my sound is completely * up.

My friends are having this issue aswell and it has been happening for months and the developers haven‘t done * about it. 

Makes thegame unplayable.

Message 13 of 18 (282 Views)

PATHFINDER NO STEPS!

★★★★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number nvidia 1070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? PhaserA2
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Marginal city
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. FIghting
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? way too many.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot hear steps from a specific character.
What should be happening instead? HEAR STEPS
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? make pathfinder enemy and make him approach you

PATHFINDER does not make any steps! it happened many times and only with Pathfinder.

Also, make mouse button 1 cancel the freekin reload!

Stop auto weapon switch when out of bullets!

PATHFINDER does not take damage! sparks come out but no damage done!

Message 14 of 18 (243 Views)

Major Audio Issues on Xbox

★★★★ Novice

1st off Dialogue Volume is either 0% or 100% Volume, no in-between. Footsteps for team mates are far too loud and sometimes I can hear my own footsteps twice. Also 90% of the time, I dont hear enemy footsteps even when its dead queit with no action going on. Also while yous are fixing audio, fix the audio in Airbase where it sounds like someone is redeploying in.

Message 15 of 18 (202 Views)

Audio Distortion / No Sound Cues

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Aaaarrgghh!

PS4 / UK

The amount of times today I have had sound distortion and lag combined with no sound cues from the enemy and I get ambushed. 

My ping is 12ms / Download is 62.3 mbps / Upload is 10.1 mbps. The issue is not my end, it is infuriating, when is the patch coming for this?

Message 16 of 18 (196 Views)

Re: Audio Distortion / No Sound Cues

Community Manager

Hey all,

An update went live today and here are changes related to audio. We appreciate any feedback you can provide after playing for a day.

QUALITY OF LIFE

• Lowered the master volume of all sounds during the character select screen through the end of the drop sequence.

• Lowered the volume of Wraith's ambient kunai knife sound for those who are sensitive to the sound. If it is still bothersome we will remove it in a later patch.

• Increased the volume of close proximity enemy footsteps for all Legends.

• Increased the priority of enemy footsteps to ensure the sounds play even in heavy combat situations.

• Slightly lowered the volume of Pathfinder footstep sounds heard from the first person view.

• Fixed missing or quiet dryfire (out of ammo trigger click sound) and low ammo (the progressive change in sound that the gun makes as the magazine approaches empty) sounds for the R301, Hemlok, Flatline and RE45.

• Increased the volume of the music that plays when winning a match.

• Added more detailed audio to the Training mission.

Full Patch Notes

/Blueberry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey that was a great reply. Good stuff. What now? Give them +XP to help level them up!
Did their response fix it? Mark it as a solution so it helps others!
Want to learn more on how to level up and becoming a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 17 of 18 (131 Views)

VIDEO Proof: Enemy Footsteps not playing correctly

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA RTX 2060
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? BrokenMouseHand
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? happens with all legends
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? happens with every combo of legends
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. happens everywhere on the map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. either in-combat, or near combat
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? doesn't matter, always happens
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) every single game
What happens when the bug occurs? Enemy player appears suddenly having not made any audible footstep sounds, despite having run full speed. Usually you don't hear them until after they start shooting, which is often too late. It makes combat unsatisfying, and random -- reducing the tactical depth of the gameplay.
What should be happening instead? Should be able to clearly hear enemy footsteps approaching, from every direction, prioritised in the sound mix as a matter of importance
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use audiophile grade headphones, expensive DAC, headphone amplifier, clean out your ears and then realise it makes no difference, you still can't hear enemy footsteps reliably if there are other sounds playing.

VIDEO PROOF: https://www.twitch.tv/realkraftyy/clip/RoundCrazyReindeerNomNom?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

Message 18 of 18 (123 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help