Audio and Video un-sync

by SawNoEviL

Original Post

FOOTSTEPS Bug

★ Guide

so i thought its me actually who doesnt hear sometimes people but i am now sure that sometime i do have a bug that i cant hear footsteps i dont know why and how it does happen, i did notice it yesteray one game i could hear everyone even people who are far away then the next game i couldnt even her a guy who is like 2 feet away from me... does someone have that problem and knows how to fix it?

Message 11 of 44 (1,369 Views)

Re: Audio Glitch in large groups of enemies

Community Manager

@Valoryz3 

Moved your post over here. I mentioned PC above since they were on that platform, however the team is aware of audio issues affecting both PC and console platforms. Details here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Respawn-Check-in/m-p/7740996#M17255

Blueberry.png
Message 12 of 44 (1,358 Views)

Inconsistent footstep audio

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Bam Irish luck
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Any of them
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Any
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Anywhere on the map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. It’s completely random. Could be healing, could be shooting, could be looting, could just be standing there
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? It’s random
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) All the time
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Footstep audio is frustratingly inconsistent. I’m about to quit the game because you can constantly hear when people are sprinting a mile away from you, yet when people decide to push aggressively, you will have zero footstep indication of where they are coming from or just plainly the fact that they are even pushing you at all.
What should be happening instead? I should be able to listen and hear where people are that are within 10 feet of me at all times if I am going to be able to hear footsteps from 50 feet away. This is the ONLY game I have this issue with
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Do anything while enemies run around you

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Bam Irish luck
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lifeline
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Anywhere
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Doing anything, usually healing
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? It’s random, but been happening a ton recently, almost once a match, usually resulting in death
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
What happens when the bug occurs? At completely random times, you will not hear the footsteps of enemies running up on you. You can be healing or looting or just hiding behind cover, and all of a sudden someone is within 10 feet of you without warning.
What should be happening instead? I should be hearing footsteps.... you can hear footsteps 3 buildings away with no problems, but not being able to hear someone charging you in a firefight is extremely frustrating.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have enemies charge you while doing various things (looting, healing, shooting)

Message 13 of 44 (925 Views)

CAN'T HEAR FOOTSTEPS

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 770 FTC ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 64
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Ciddre
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Everyone
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Everyone
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Everywhere
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Everything
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Almost every game
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) ALL THE TIME
What happens when the bug occurs? I CAN'T HEAR FOOTSTEPS EVAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What should be happening instead? I SHOULD HEAR FOOTSTEPS
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? MAKE FOOTSTEPS HEARABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!ETC

I CAN'T HEAR FOOTSTEPS AND IT'S YOUR GAME ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!°°°°°°

Message 14 of 44 (917 Views)

Re: Inconsistent footstep audio

Community Manager

The team is on it, thanks for the report @darkheart781!

Full details including audio workaround steps can be found in the link below.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Respawn-Check-in/m-p/7740996#M17255

Blueberry.png
Message 15 of 44 (902 Views)

Re: Inconsistent footstep audio

★★★★★ Novice

How Can we find the bug?
Play the game!

It's also bullet audio. I have been killed a few times from behind by a Devotion and all i saw was the lights of the bullets, no sound of gun/bullets or footsteps. The Devotion being the loudest gun in the game.
I'v been ran up on by 2 or more from behind and had no idea they were there.
If the servers (20hz) can't refresh at the same speed as the client (60hz) then these issues will continue. Also having to press a button more than once before the action registers (button mash) e.g. opening doors, reloading etc - single button presses not registering first time. This happens a lot when i'm surrounded by other players. Too much information for the servers to report with their low refresh rate, maybe...

Message 16 of 44 (872 Views)

APEX LEGENDS DISTORTED SOUND PS4

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Slim
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? GiveMeTheMani
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Skulltown
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Fighting another squad
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 5
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What happens when the bug occurs? The gunshots sound and callouts of teammates becomes distorted
What should be happening instead? The sound should be loud and clear so that we can hear other squads footsteps and gunshots
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just jump into a fresh match and land onto a crowded area like skulltown and u will be able to find the bug

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Slim
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? GiveMeTheMani
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Skulltown
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Fighting nother squads
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 5
What happens when the bug occurs? The gun shot audio glitches out and teammates callouts also become inaudible
What should be happening instead? There should be smooth sound of gunshots and callouts
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just jump into a fresh match on console and land in skulltown when u know its going to be crowded and when everybody starts fighting the bug appears

Message 17 of 44 (1,334 Views)

Re: APEX LEGENDS DISTORTED SOUND PS4

Community Manager

@shjduhdudhu Hi, I've seen some PS4 folks who have this when they use certain SSDs for storage. 

Can you try installing the game to your main HDD, if you do have it on an SSD, and check if the issue persists?

Thanks.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 18 of 44 (1,319 Views)

Audio is delayed

★★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 970
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? W3sTKnox9
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. no
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lifeline
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? i dont know
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. everywhere
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. shooting
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? all
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) .
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What happens when the bug occurs? The audio starts * up every time i start shooting and it being delayed footstep, gun shots, everything is delayed every time i shoot
What should be happening instead? that its not being delayd
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? just play the game

You guys need to post more on twitter or something to let people know what you guys are aware of and what you are not aware of and what you are trying to fix.

Message 19 of 44 (1,129 Views)
Highlighted

Audio and Video un-sync

★ Novice

It happens sometimes, maybe 1-2 times if I played 4-5 hours. Sometimes the game turned to mute or partial mute in a sudden, e.g. I could hear the footstep but couldn't hear the gunshots, or sometimes the audio delays,  like you hear the voices 3 or 5 seconds later than the voice actually occurred, restart the client or start the next game would solve it.

Message 20 of 44 (1,146 Views)