No Footsteps in game PC

by rowanbol

Original Post

No audio or sound from enemies: footsteps, shots, zipline, etc (OLD)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1050Ti Zotac 4GB
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8GB(2x4)
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? spancerFTW
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Wraith
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Bloodhound, Banglore
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. idk
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. in a close fight
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? every single match
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 15.02.2019
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? sound goes i can't hear gunshots footsteps etc.
What should be happening instead? i should hear everything that i should hear Standard smile
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know just have a close fight

Hi folks, 

When I play Apex i have same issue when we're in gun fight i can't hear nothing here's a footage i also checked this forum a bit but solutions didn't solve my problem...

here is a footage of glitch https://youtu.be/WPSEpw7YGcE

IF YOU HAVE THIS ISSUE, PLEASE GO HERE: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/No-audio-or-sound-from-enemies-footsteps-shots-zipline-etc-NEW...

Edited by DYSPROssium

Message 1 of 44 (2,557 Views)

Re: No sound of gunshots and footsteps of enemy

★★★ Newbie
Same sound glitch here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/381502091

*Audio out of sync is just happening on the recorded clip.
Message 2 of 44 (2,458 Views)

No sounds from attackers(inconsistent) and other issues.

★★★ Newbie

AMD or Nvidia Model Number 1080Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? oohruuh
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. Pongwon, Mitch2831, BaChicka
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? All
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? All
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. most parts
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Playing in normal scenarios
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? ALL
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 02//26/2019
What happens when the bug occurs? There is no audio from attackers..
What should be happening instead? You should clearly hear the audio form other players if they are close enough and not creeping.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I think this is widely known and has been clearly shown on some streams... if not I can stream and show anyone.

1. Please look into the audio issues with not being able to hear attackers. I have no problems in any other games(R6, ROE, BFV) but this is a huge issue with apex. I see other people saying it’s fine for them so who knows why it’s only some people. It’s really hard to play with no audio cues. Not being able to hear an enemy your fighting flank and only knowing they did from hit markers is frustrating. I’ve seen people mention this but it gets downplayed or ignored like it’s a user issue.

1. There is also major issues with netcode, Battle(non)sense did a very good video showing it. For me hit registration and being able to dodge is way more consistent if I'm a higher latency connection, like a mobile hotspot. When I'm playing from a Fiber 1Gbps connection there seems to be an issue with hit registration and dying quickly. I think a lot of my issues could possibly stem from this, but who knows? I'm just a security engineer, not a game dev.
  2. Can time to kill be adjusted? It’s just way to high and promotes this stupid meta with fight vulturing and shotguns/wingman.
  3. Reconnect on disconnect or crash.
  4. Skill grouping. My friends and I all group up on evenings and weekends, so going up against pro level gamers gets old. From their perspective, I imagine it’s pretty boring for anyone trying to create interesting streaming content as well. 

I also posted this to reddit but it didnt get much notice. It's funny that people care more about voice quips matching between players instead of issues like netcode, grouping and audio.

Message 3 of 44 (1,074 Views)

No sounds of steps, opening of doors, sliding or climbing.

★★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? MellanCola137
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? any legend
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? any
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. anywhere
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. either be running, standing still doing nothing, or shooting.
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 19-03-12
What happens when the bug occurs? I hear no sounds of steps, climbing, sliding or opening of doors, wich is cruical for me when i play cause i play by sound alot.
What should be happening instead? there should be sounds of steps and opening of doors and such..
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i have not found any sort of pattern of when it happens so im guessing you just have to play the game.

takes away alot of the fun in the game when u constantly get ambushed almost all the time without hearing any sounds of steps or anything, even when i choose to close a door to make sure i hear when someone comes at me i cant even hear the door open on me when im just standing still doing nothing in a house or just healing..
today I died so many times because of this issue.

Message 4 of 44 (1,123 Views)

Footsteps After Apex Update 1.1

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Footsteps almost non existent after update. Patch notes say they fixed it but it's way worse. How could this even be the case? They seriously need to fit it. It's almost unplayable. I'm sure revenue from this game has been through the roof. The innovative ping system does not outweigh the technical issues in this game. 

Message 5 of 44 (1,686 Views)

FOOTSTEPS??? also weird melee bug

★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? iCandy_v
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Multiple times
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Multiple times
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Multiple times
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What happens when the bug occurs? First concern is the footstep audio.... Sometimes I can hear players as normal, from 50 odd metres away, but there's the odd occasion where someone is able to sneak up on me and pretty much jump on my back without me hearing whilst I can still hear enemies far away?? Quite a regular occurrence and my friends have all experienced this. Secondly, this has happened to me once; was in a 1v1 situation, I got him super weak before I ran out of ammo, he went around the corner to heal so I pushed him. I snuck up on him to melee him, and everytime I went to melee it would auto-aim away from him by a fraction as the melee animation was taking place, he was still the whole time not realizing I was there. Had him centred everytime but would veer off as I went to punch. After about 5 attempts, he had healed himself, reloaded and turned around like a bot and dropped me. The audio is by far the main issue here, especially for a BR game where you spend time looting up and being all strategic. To be shot in the back of the head point-blank and have my whole squad wiped like that is extremely frustrating and feels like the rest of the game prior to that happening was all for nothing...
What should be happening instead? RELIABLE AUDIO
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not a Apex dev? Youtube?

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? iCandy_v
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Multiple times
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Multiple times
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Multiple times
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What happens when the bug occurs? First concern is the footstep audio.... Sometimes I can hear players as normal, from 50 odd metres away, but there's the odd occasion where someone is able to sneak up on me and pretty much jump on my back without me hearing whilst I can still hear enemies far away?? Quite a regular occurrence and my friends have all experienced this. Secondly, this has happened to me once; was in a 1v1 situation, I got him super weak before I ran out of ammo, he went around the corner to heal so I pushed him. I snuck up on him to melee him, and everytime I went to melee it would auto-aim away from him by a fraction as the melee animation was taking place, he was still the whole time not realizing I was there. Had him centred everytime but would veer off as I went to punch. After about 5 attempts, he had healed himself, reloaded and turned around like a bot and dropped me. The audio is by far the main issue here, especially for a BR game where you spend time looting up and being all strategic. To be shot in the back of the head point-blank and have my whole squad wiped like that is extremely frustrating and feels like the rest of the game prior to that happening was all for nothing...
What should be happening instead? RELIABLE AUDIO
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not a Apex dev? Youtube?

Message 6 of 44 (1,694 Views)

apex legends sound distorted and gone

★ Novice

hi i am experiencing something about the sound on the apex legends game, i do not know what to do. ive seen people with problems mostly like this, but i have tried its solution and does not work for me please help heres a example https://youtu.be/6t7B7-to8_w

Message 7 of 44 (1,676 Views)
Highlighted

No Footsteps in game PC

★★★ Newbie

AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1050 Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 12
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Rowanbol
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. n/a
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? any i choose (haven't tried the three newer ones, caustic octane and th
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? n/a
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. any part of map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. fighting close range
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? at least 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 03.04.19 UTC+8
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What happens when the bug occurs? no footsteps unless melee range
What should be happening instead? footsteps duh
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game? idk.

n/a

Message 8 of 44 (1,687 Views)

Re: No Footsteps in game PC

Community Manager

Hi, @rowanbol 

The Apex Legends team is aware of audio issues mentioned in this post here. (No footsteps is mentioned)

After looking at your DxDiag though it seems like you could update to the latest build of Windows 10. Search "Windows Updates" in the desktop search bar to check for pending updates. Your video card drivers could possibly need a new driver update too. The link below can help walk you through on how to update your devices.

PC Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/pc-graphics-troubleshooting/

Thank you very much for reporting this our way. Good luck in the ring!

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 44 (1,662 Views)

Audio Glitch in large groups of enemies

★★★ Newbie

Hey Apex team!

I am an Xbox player and have experienced this unrelenting issue. Every time I drop by or am in a large group of enemies, my game sound BREAKS! I can't hear anything and it's as if someone tossed my game sound in a blender. Please fix this as it makes the game borderline unplayable in those crucial situations. 

Message 10 of 44 (1,653 Views)