Original Post

Accepted Solution

No Fear bubble above Sim's head, yet the Want bubbles appear

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure. I'm completly lost in this one as it happened out of nowhere.
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim developed a Fear, and no Fear bubble shows up above their head on the low left corner of the screen, even though the bubbles displaying the Wants appear.
What do you expect to see? I expect the Fear bubble to be displayed along with the Want bubbles.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My Wants and Fears is looking like the first screenshot in the vanilla game. At first, neither the Want or Fear bubbles appeared, so I cleared out some mods, and then the Want bubbles started showing up. I did a bunch of stuff to my mods and files, cleared caches and repaired the game, tried turning Wants and Fears off and on again, and at some point, everything was showing up correctly, even with all my mods in the folder. But then, I reloaded the game, and the Fear bubble was gone again. It was supposed to look like the second screenshot. I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong here. Also, I'm not getting any Exception or UI Exception errors. I have also tried creating a completly new game folder without any mods, same issue occured when getting a Fear.

Message 1 of 4 (939 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: fears

Hero
@kozardii The fear bubble isn't always there. Depending on the feat, it only shows up in specific situation. Just play on and they should get it again when they are ready to conquer the fear.

Which fear does your Sim have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (914 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@kozardii The fear bubble isn't always there. Depending on the feat, it only shows up in specific situation. Just play on and they should get it again when they are ready to conquer the fear.

Which fear does your Sim have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (915 Views)

Re: No Fear bubble above Sim's head, yet the Want bubbles appear

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@crinrict My Sim has a Fear of Unfulfilled Dreams. Altough it doesn't make sense that in one instance they got the bubble and in the other they didn't, because the moment of gameplay in both saves was the exact same. But thank you for your information, I wasn't aware of that.

I seemed to notice that another issue I was having was that none of that Sim's wants were completing. For example, they wanted to dance to music on the stereo, so I made them do it, and the Want didn't complete.. 

Message 3 of 4 (867 Views)

Hero
@kozardii It's best to make a separate thread for each want that is not fulfilling

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (845 Views)