Re: Nintendo Switch - Lobby matchmaking Problems on "Switch Only" Lob

by Zackhanzo86

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
@HuntinFigs Wow great lol I was hoping they’d fix this sharpish I’m getting bored of losing every single game on crossplay 😂
Message 31 of 95 (1,210 Views)

Re: Matchmaking Not Working On Switch With Crossplay Disabled

★★★ Newbie

Yea I've been getting this for the past 3 days. Waiting in a queue for switch only, with that queue fluctuating between 1-30ish players, but literally going nowhere. I can get into crossplay fine, but it's not really a feasible option on switch with fps etc. Shame for anyone who dropped coin on this, and is unable to continue playing right now. Hopefully this gets noticed, and resolved soon. 

Message 32 of 95 (1,008 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@TimG1095Check this out - switch your region to Tokyo GCE 3. Way more players there and I made a match in seconds. Ping is super high though...

Message 33 of 95 (1,192 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

That solution has no sense at all unless you live in Japan... I mean if you connect to Tokyo servers you will face japanese players with no lag and you are going to play with high latency.

This is a gamebreaker bug and still not a single word from EA/Respawn/PanicButton.

Message 34 of 95 (1,180 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It’s because of skill based matchmaking. There’s not enough switch players with a 2 or higher kd so once you get up there you can’t find anybody. And when you play with cross play enabled you experience connection lag and frame rate lag

Message 35 of 95 (1,153 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@YAMAMCTC Me too
Message 36 of 95 (1,151 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Figgles57 wrote:

@TimG1095Check this out - switch your region to Tokyo GCE 3. Way more players there and I made a match in seconds. Ping is super high though..

@Figgles57 thanks so much for the tip! Over the weekend I found that out and you're right the switch only lobbies were so easy to get in to! But yeah the ping was so high (around 250) because I'm based in the UK. And the lag was so bad, plus the inconsistency in the frame rates made it a jarring experience and the graphics were constantly stuttering due to ping and performance. It is still a good idea for anyone who can join the Tokyo servers with low ping rates. If you have a speedy connection, and if it's a wired connection I can imagine the connection is very stable. Perhaps even if you can access a japanese VPN (Such as using Nord VPN). Great suggestion though!

Message 37 of 95 (1,140 Views)

★★ Novice

Me too

Message 38 of 95 (1,179 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Longbrake00I think is not a problem related to the KDA. I mean, for sure I had around 3.5kda when I was playing on Switch. After that, I didnt find a game so I returned to the PC version and let my wife play on Switch. She was playing with crossplay (she can't without it) and she has a KDA of 1,29 right now.Matchmaking without crossplay is not working with that low kda either.

So I guess is not about that. I mean... its not about KDA but it could be about MMR if there is MMR on pubs.

Message 39 of 95 (1,166 Views)

★★ Novice
@TimG1095 I do think it has something to do with players not knowing that they can turn off cross.

They will not be able to get into switch only lobbies. Only switches with cross off will be able to join switch only lobbies. And because it is off by default and people dont realize this.

They should limit how many servers there is for the switch IMO. Its unplayable for me in cross. And people will leave game if they figure out your playing on switch.

They are saying "enjoy crossplatform". But i will evt. just stop playing apex on the switch. And invest absolutely nothing.
Message 40 of 95 (1,128 Views)