Re: Nintendo Switch - Lobby matchmaking Problems on "Switch Only" Lob

by Zackhanzo86

Original Post

★ Apprentice

Another Switch user with the same problem.

I was playing switch only games without a problem til yesterday afternoon (EU time).

Crossplay has to be like in Spellbreak, SoloQ queues using Switch Only queues and just crossplay enabled when you party up with a friend on another console.

There is no sense playing against 60fps users when we cant hold even 30fps during teamfights. 

Message 21 of 95 (2,807 Views)

Re: Matchmaking Not Working On Switch With Crossplay Disabled

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

yeah I’ve been trying to get a game now since yesterday just keeps saying 8 players or 15 players in the queue so frustrating I just wanna play the game 

created a new account came straight on and got straight into a game?! My main account just sits in queue forever it’s a joke it’s got to be something to do with SBMM which is a pain as I’ve got the battle pass and stuff on my main account which I can’t do anything on can’t get into any games or play with friends in a party 

Message 22 of 95 (1,148 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Another switch user here having the same issue! It’s almost unplayable in cross play due to the fact the switch can’t compete with Xbox PS4 and pc

I try and play in a switch only lobby and I sit for 10+ minutes matchmaking. Can’t even start a match as there’s not enough players, never seems to get far past 8 to 10 players in the queue.

if this isn’t sorted soon then it was a BIGGGGG waste of time bringing this game to the switch. 

Message 23 of 95 (2,757 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Cross platform for Apex shouldn't be available on switch, the performance difference is beyond high when compared to other platforms. While playing on switch I hit 14 kills and 2,956 damage. When I did this I could no longer queue into games due to skilled based matchmaking and there aren't many skilled players on switch. Please fix this issue, the game is unplayable once a certain amount of skill has been reached.

Message 24 of 95 (2,728 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same here everyone. Although had some luck playing by myself in switch only lobbies, however that has stopped entirely now.

Impossible to play with a friend in a switch only lobby, never managed to.

As a test, I left it matchmaking whilst at work - NEVER made it into a game (9hours)

Message 25 of 95 (2,588 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@YAMAMCTC Definitely agree with you. What a simple solution...will it happen? Or will this problem drive the chances of people spending money in the game to gain a competitive advantage?....I think the latter
Message 26 of 95 (1,376 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue on Nintendo switch! 

Message 27 of 95 (1,356 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah I'm having this same exact problem! I've tried contacting EA on a live chat and a call but why isn't this issue solved! 

Message 28 of 95 (1,341 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@HuntrxHuntr88 I tried contacting them as well. Their solution was "just enjoy cross play." No joke, that's what they said.
Message 29 of 95 (1,321 Views)

Switch cross-play

★★★ Newbie

I can not join games with cross-play turned off. I am on the Nintendo Switch and their are no error messages. The queue never ends. 

Message 30 of 95 (1,098 Views)