Re: Nihilus doesn't take any damage on Phase 4 of the Heroic Sith Triumvirate Ra

by blake085

Original Post

Re: Nihilus doesn't take any damage on Phase 4 of the Heroic Sith Triumvirate Ra

★★ Guide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqv0ivgj6Ho&feature=youtu.be
here is some additional video of the bug. from a guild mate in STR last night. This is not working as intended
Message 11 of 20 (745 Views)

★★★ Novice

The same thing has happen to me during P4 of the HSTR. I even tested it to the point where I made sure every toon did not have any debuffs (by hitting Sion only) and then hit DN to only see his protection not move at all (Purple bar). Kind of frustrating when the opportunity to break a personal record and place higher in HSTR ranks for better rewards are shot down because of bug. I’ve invested so much into this raid, toons and game in general that it’s quite disappointing seeing the developers not look into this and to top it off having the reward system drop rate be terrible as well. 

Message 12 of 20 (743 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Can you (really) check this? It's obviously not working as intended and you can see several proof about it.

Message 13 of 20 (734 Views)

★★ Guide
@CG_MindTricks Can you please reevaluate this?
Message 14 of 20 (730 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
Hi all, thanks for the additional information. I will look more in depth into this tomorrow and update you with my findings.
Message 15 of 20 (707 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi all, as promised, I looked more into the interaction between Phase 4 Darth Nihilus and Nightsister teams (Mother Talzin Zeta) and here are my findings:

Things to take into account:

• Darth Nihilus ability in Phase 4 of the Sith raid: "Lord of Hunger" which states: "At the start of his turn, Nihilus recovers 3% Protection for each buffed enemy. In addition, whenever an enemy damages Nihilus with a Basic ability, he inflicts Defense Down on them for 1 turn. If they already have Defense Down, they lose 25% Protection and Nihilus gains that much Max Protection (these effects can't be Resisted)."
  • Old Daka basic ability "Insightful Blow": "Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 75% chance to Stun them for 1 turn. Deal Physical damage to a random enemy with a 55% chance to Stun them for 1 turn."
  • Mother Talzin basic ability "Ichor Lightning": "Deal Special damage to target enemy and, if they are Plagued, inflict Plague for 3 turns. Deal Special damage to all Plagued enemies which can't be Countered."

What causes Darth Nihilus to stack up a very large amount of Max Protection. Main factors are:

Old Daka using her basic on Darth Nihilus:

• If Old Daka has Defense Down and both times she deals damage with her basic land on Nihilus it results in Nihilus gaining 50% of Old Daka's Max Protection being added to his own Max Protection. So let's say Old Daka has 20.000 Max Protection, if the previously mentioned scenario occurs, Nihilus gets 10.000 added to his own Max Protection -> Working as intended.

Mother Talzin using her basic:

• If Darth Nihilus has Plague and Mother Talzin has Defense Down, when using her basic ability, she will deal Special Damage 2 times (once from the ability and another Special damage from Plague). This will result in the same Max Protection recovery for Nihilus as mentioned above for Old Daka. -> Working as intended.
  • If Darth Nihilus has Plague and Mother Talzin has Defense Down but uses her basic on Sion or on the minions, Darth Nihilus will still receive Special Damage for being Plagued, and will still gain 25% Max Protection.

In regards to this part that @NoHalfsies mentioned:

"-If Nihilus has multiple stacks of the plague debuff, his protection drain is triggered on a basic attack from MT even when she doesn’t have the defense down debuff."  

If Mother Talzin doesn't have Defense Down but Nihilus has Plague, the following occurs: Talzin deals Special damage, gains Defense Down, then deals Special Damage to all Plagued enemies which results in Nihilus gaining 25% Max Protection because the damage comes from a character which has Defense Down and uses a basic ability. It has to do with the order of operations. -> Working as intended.

Only by taking into account the two scenarios mentioned above, it explains how at the end of a long Nightsister run in Phase 4 a player can no longer get through Nihilus's Protection when he is close to Enrage. 

Hope this helps.

Message 16 of 20 (644 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thats the thing  my protection is gone. I have defense down and i hit with basic. How does he take protection from me and add to max health when i have no protection. Lord of hunger doesn't state that nihilus takes from your total protection from beginning or base protection. It just states if u hit he takes your protection  (25% or whatever and adds to his max protection). If u dont have protection he shouldnt be able to steal it.

Message 17 of 20 (614 Views)

★★ Novice

Just bumping this thread.

That's my problem/query as well, Nihilus stealing protection from my characters that have no protection left. 25% of zero is still zero, right?

Message 18 of 20 (577 Views)

My guess is that’s just a text bug - it should say from max protection.

If it were only from your current protection, it would be meaningless.

★★ Novice

You're probably right, not the first time ability text has been a bit ambiguous/wrongly worded.

The whole setup is a bit weird then, the idea comes across as Nihilus is draining your protection & taking it for himself, so when your out of protection it seems like he's stealing it from out of thin air, or from the past.

Bit like the tax man.

Message 20 of 20 (536 Views)