Re: Nihilus doesn't take any damage on Phase 4 of the Heroic Sith Triumvirate Ra

by blake085

Original Post

Nihilus doesn't take any damage on Phase 4 of the Heroic Sith Triumvirate Raid

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Huawei Y7
OS Version Android 8.0
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 234273213
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Nihilus doesn't take any damage on P4 of the Sith Triumvirate Raid when using a nightsister team
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into that phase, use a nightsister team to get the Turn Meter train going, he will stop taking damage
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country Mexico

Nihilus doesn't take damage on Phase 4 of the Sith Triumvirate Raid

Screenshot_20181126-194758.jpg
Screenshot_20181126-194806.jpg
Screenshot_20181126-194813.jpg
Message 1 of 20 (2,210 Views)

Re: Nihilus doesn't take any damage on Phase 4 of the Heroic Sith Triumvirate Ra

★★★★ Novice

Yes i have had this problem 3 times tried to report it here but the bug report page is buggex lol.https://youtu.be/erI-9Tk1AiA

Message 2 of 20 (2,195 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Woops wrong link this one https://youtu.be/C_Bb7OFbTl8

Look at protection not drop even though no defense down.

Message 3 of 20 (2,192 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
Hi there, looking at the screenshots and video provided, it works as intended. Any damage done to Darth Nihilus's Protection (the purple bar under the Health bar), does not count towards the damage done in the raid. It is the same case for Phases 1 and 4 in the Sith Raid.

Hope this helps, thank you.
Message 4 of 20 (2,174 Views)

There's currently a player-based investigation ongoing into situations where after a long battle, the protection bar for Nihilus grows so large that it becomes impossible for a player to continue to do damage.

Whether that is working as intended or not - the player base is not yet sure, and I haven't seen a succinct summary of all the variables.

I believe that it is much more prevalent in runs where Plague is applied to the bosses, because Talzin's basic will then boost Nihilus' Protection on more attacks, even when aimed at Sion.

★★★★★ Apprentice

Nice! Apparently we have to do EA's work because they simply won't test it to see if it is WAI.

And yes, I've noticed that DN stops taking damage (even when he DOESN'T HAVE protection) after a long series of consecutive turns from the NS (i.e. when you drop 10% of his health and he hasn't taken a single turn) or when the run is already on the 40%+ damage done.

Sometimes using an special ability that is an attack wil again do damage to DN.

BTW, healing sometimes doesn't work either, even when there's no Bond of weakness, or they're really low (not more than ten)

Next Raid I will record it, let me know if I can help.

Message 6 of 20 (2,153 Views)

Whenever a character with Defense Down attacks Nihilus, he will 'drain' 25% of their max protection and add it to his own. I've observed that when he gains that "max protection", it also adds the same amount to his purple protection bar (rather than increasing the max protection, and leaving the % protection the same)

So if a weak character like Zombie or Daka attacks with DD, it's entirely possible that Nihilus will gain protection equal or greater to the damage that character would do, effectively nullifying the entire attack.

★★★★ Novice

Look at the second video again for gods sake once defense down has been cleansed watch when asajj uses special and after that. WATCH PROPERLY A HIT FROM ASAJJ WITHOUT DEFENSE DOWN SHOULD CLEAR NIHILUS PROTECTION. I HAVE DONE THIS RAID FOR 6 MONTHS I KNOW THE MECHANICS.

Message 8 of 20 (2,106 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey @najwa2012 - I watched the video. When your Nightsisters (including Ventress) hit Nihilus, his purple protection bar clearly drops.

However, given how little it drops, the conclusion is that over the course of the battle, you have allowed him to drain so much protection that his max protection is probably in the millions. And whenever he takes a turn or consumes some minions, he heals a certain percentage - which is why you see his bar go up around the 1 minute mark after he took another turn.

Without seeing the entire battle, it's impossible to determine exactly what happened, but the end result is that Nihilus' protection is so large that you will need to chain dozens of hits in a row just to reach his health pool.

Edit - attached a screenshot of a very high scoring NS run.  The run scored 10.5M points, but if you add up each character's scores, they did a total of 4.2 Million damage to protection.  Given that Nihilus' protection bar rarely fills up above 10%, that means his protection bar likely was over 5M max protection!  This means that there are ways for Nihilus' protection to become astronomically high - and this screenshot is from a run where Nihilus had plague for most of the battle.  

★★ Novice

I've been watching this question about Nihilus's protection in my P4 NS runs for quite some time now.  By way of adding to jkray622's comments:

In runs where I successfully land plague early in the attempt, it becomes increasingly difficult to break Nihilus's protection after he takes a turn.  By the end of the attempt his protection has grown to the point that it's almost unbreakable.  I see this happen more often on plague runs than non-plague runs, and i suspect that it has something to do with how Nihilus registers damage from plague.

Here are the questions I have based on this - how does Nihilus process damage from multiple stacks of plague when attacked with and without the DD debuff, and is how he does this working as intended?  Here is what I have observed:

-As jkray622 mentioned, Nihilus’s max protection drain also recovers protection for him.
-All damage caused by the plague debuff is credited to Mother Talzin when she uses her basic, regardless of which unit is targeted.  I’m not sure if this also applies to the damage Nihilus suffers from the plague debuff on each of his turns.
-If Nihilus has multiple stacks of the plague debuff, his protection drain is triggered on a basic attack from MT even when she doesn’t have the defense down debuff.  I’ve seen this when targeting Nihilus with MT’s (sans DD debuff) basic.  I’m not sure if it applies when MT targets another unit when she doesn’t have the DD debuff.

Consider the following situation:
Nihilus has 4 stacks of plague.  MT attacks him with her basic while she has the defense down debuff.
    Does this trigger his protection drain 1x (all damage is counted as one attack), 2x (basic damage and total plague damage are counted separately), or 5x (basic and each plague stack hit are counted separately)?

What happens in the same situation if MT does not have the DD debuff?  From my observations, his protection drain will still trigger in this instance, but to what degree?  Does MT gain the DD debuff after her basic attack damage is counted, but before the plague damage from her basic is counted?

If individual plague ticks are triggering Nihilus’s protection drain mechanic, that could explain instances of extreme protection values at the end of an attempt.

Message 10 of 20 (2,067 Views)