Re: Newly turned vampire has weird neck bulge

by crinrict

Original Post

Newly turned vampire has weird neck bulge

★★★★ Novice

My sim here, Cam, recently got turned by his vampire best friend, but I'm thinking I might need to abandon that storyline as a result of this bizarre visual glitch I'm now having. As soon as he was turned, completed the animation showing his dark form, etc., I noticed that his neck was bulged angularly on both the left and right side, and outwards as well.

I went into cas.fulleditmode to try and fix this, as well as the "Change Sim" option through the mirror. If I switched his gender to female, the resulting sim looked normal, and pressing Ctrl-Z to undo that gender change seemed to fix the neck problem, but saving and exiting CAS and going back to Live Mode revealed that the bulge was actually still there. In addition, switching to Cam's dark form in CAS prevented even this fake, temporary fix from working, as switching back to his human form in CAS resulted in the bulge persisting no matter how many times I swapped genders, as well as the neck seeming darker with a sharp line between it and the chest while female. Deleting the dark form, which I want to do anyways, also does nothing. And no matter what I do in CAS, even if looks fixed, the bulge returns the second I go back to Live Mode.

Interestingly, the vampire CAS features also seem to be bugged. If I switch to dark form while in CAS and then back to Cam's human form, selecting any vampire eye will instead select a random normal color. If I try to change his eye color before switching to the dark form and back in CAS (I keep exiting without saving to troubleshoot these different scenarios) then the color works and appears in Live Mode. So, then I have a vampire with nice glowing eyes and an angular poison sack attached to his neck. Mixed bag. Similarly, if I switch to dark form and then back, selecting any of the pointed ears doesn't actually work. What's interesting is if I select a pointed ear and it doesn't show up, and a vampire eye and it doesn't show up, saving the result and going to live mode does show the pointed ear properly, but the eye, not so much. All of the vampire face detail tabs in CAS disappear completely if switching to dark form and back; vampire teeth seem to be the only thing that doesn't have any issue in this situation.

I do have mods installed, but I removed all of them as part of my troubleshooting, and it made zero difference. The only mod I have that's vampire-related anyways is one that disables the random silly vampire snarling, with no CAS mods at all. I should mention that Cam has customized gender options: he is male, with masculine fashion preference, but the feminine frame, inability to get pregnant or impregnate other sims, and an inability to pee standing up. I did test for this, however, by fiddling with his gender options and seeing if making him a cis male or a cis female made any difference, and it didn't. Poison sacs are gender neutral, I guess.

I should also mention that this lovely neck bulge isn't showing up on any pre-made vampires. The vampire who turned him is one I made in CAS a long time ago that I moved into the apartment next door, and her neck is bulge-free. My guess is it's something affecting human sims who get turned by normal means or by adding the trait in the cheat menu (which I did over and over to test and to take those screenshots, but the bulge did initially appear through the standard "Ask to Turn" process and eventual transformation animation).

So... Does anyone have any idea what's causing this? And how to fix it? Ultimately, I can just cheat away his vampirism and restore his neck to its former glory, because as much as I'd love to give him glowing eyes, pointy ears, and the ability to drain Geeta Rasoya in revenge for her surprisingly active and noisy midnight Woohoo-life... I don't want the price for that to be partial frog-neck. But if he can be a vampire and be ok to look at, that would be great.

I attached the screenshots of his neck with and without vampirism because I couldn't seem to get the "insert image" button to work.

Message 1 of 3 (906 Views)

Hero
@GraphitePickle Can't really tell from your pictures but is this similar to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Bulky-Masculine-Frame-Neck/m-p/6424489 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (874 Views)

Hero
@GraphitePickle Is the linked thread anything like what you're seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (850 Views)