Re: Newly installed SWGOH account stuck in training droid tutorial!

by CG_MindTricks

Original Post

Newly installed SWGOH account stuck in training droid tutorial!

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Multiple Android Devices
OS Version Multiple current OS versions
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 192-918-512 - This is my Ally Code, the bug is with my son's acct. Cannot access his player ID/ally code because of the bug.
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug The same as multiple other players have note on here. I installed SWGOH on an android phone so my son could play, linked to Google Games, and he got to playing. He came to the part where the training droid tutorial begins and it gets stuck when attempting to assign training droids. The background screen advances but the tutorial freezes on the "assigning training droids" step. I have done the following, - restarted the device multiple times with same result - uninstalled the app and reinstalled with the same result - loaded my son's account on my android, which I play SWGOH on frequently, with the same result. I had to uninstall and reinstall the game to get past the bug to then sign in as my account again and the game functioned perfectly. The issue is with my son's game account.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea!
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Multiple Android Phones
OS Version Multiple, current OS versions
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 192-918-512 - This is my Ally Code, the bug is with my son's acct. Cannot access his player ID/ally code because of the bug.
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug The same as multiple other players have note on here. I installed SWGOH on an android phone so my son could play, linked to Google Games, and he got to playing. He came to the part where the training droid tutorial begins and it gets stuck when attempting to assign training droids. The background screen advances but the tutorial freezes on the "assigning training droids" step. I have done the following, - restarted the device multiple times with same result - uninstalled the app and reinstalled with the same result - loaded my son's account on my android, which I play SWGOH on frequently, with the same result. I had to uninstall and reinstall the game to get past the bug to then sign in as my account again and the game functioned perfectly. The issue is with my son's game account.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea!
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

Tutorial Bug.png
Message 1 of 12 (886 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi, thank you for the report. We've been unable to reproduce this issue. It appears the issue is with having more than 1 Training Droid which we can't see where it can come from. 
Regardless, without a Player ID or Ally Code there is not much we can do. A way to fix this might be to reset the device to factory settings and go through the tutorial again. While this may not be the ideal fix, it's the only one I can think of that might work. 

If you remember any additional details which might help reproduce this issue please let us know. 

Message 2 of 12 (749 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am experiencing the same issue. I don't have an ally code on the android account because i was launching it to get through so I could link my IOS account. Is there a way that I can reset the game over?

Message 3 of 12 (701 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @iamgermanicus. Did you try resetting your device to factory settings as advised by EA_Mindtricks?

Message 4 of 12 (690 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I did try the factory reset and it continued to start at the training Droid point.
Message 5 of 12 (687 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @iamgermanicus,

I've sent you a PM.

Message 6 of 12 (679 Views)

★★ Novice
I have this same problem. Can anyone help. My name in the game is Mol Eliza.
Message 7 of 12 (623 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @psnail718. Can you provide us with your ally code please, so we can assist you?

Message 8 of 12 (609 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, is there any way to look up my profile?  I can't get to the screen that has my aly code as the UI is completely locked up in the tutorial.

Message 9 of 12 (598 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Ah true.....sorry I completely forgot about that.....

Unfortunately, since you are still using the generic starter name "Mol Eliza" there is no way to look up your account Frown

A way to fix this might be to reset the device to factory settings and go through the tutorial again. While this may not be the ideal fix, it's the only one I can think of that might work. 

Message 10 of 12 (592 Views)