Re: Newly Created Sim Just Disappeared

by HArmstrong245

Original Post

Newly Created Sim Just Disappeared

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 11 Pro
OS Version iOS 13.6
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure of how the bug can be located.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the Sim that I spent tickets on to create to be available for play. Or at least have the tickets I used to create the Sim to be in my bank if the Sim disappeared.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

I used 10 green life tickets to create a new Sim. I also had a Llama Zoom event running and had half the event completed. I shut my app and phone and switched to my iPad (my Sims Mobile is connected through Apple Play and Facebook). When I opened the app through the iPad my Sim and my progress in Llama Zoom were gone, but the 10 green life tickets I used to create the Sim were also gone.

I tried contacting EA to resolve the issue and was told to erase the app and reinstall, but that did not troubleshoot the issue. 

Message 1 of 8 (718 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @HArmstrong245, have you tried answering them that the issue has not been solved by following the troubleshooting steps and asking if they could give you your tickets back?  

Message 2 of 8 (696 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Actually this morning I tried live chatting again and the issue was resolved. I didn’t get my Sim on any of the progress I made but they did give me back the tickets I spent, so I consider that a win!

Message 3 of 8 (677 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So to add to this recent dilemma...Somehow magically this morning my missing Sim reappeared at the Fashion Studio (where she was completing a shift in her photography career before she vanished). NOW my issue is that the missing Sim is preventing me from completing tasks that involve the photography backdrop and my new Sim that I created and the missing Sim are flip flopping back and forth which is quite confusing because I made the new Sim look EXACTLY like the missing Sim, with the same name except the last name is different. I tried contacting EA but the only solution I was offered was to troubleshoot the game for my iPhone, which unfortunately didn’t fix the issue and the missing Sim is still attached to the photography career.

Message 4 of 8 (662 Views)

Hero
@HArmstrong245 Troubleshooting is the first thing we should do. Did you tell the advisor troubleshooting is not helping you fix the issue?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 5 of 8 (641 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I wasn’t able to. After providing the link to the troubleshoot he signed off the chat before I could let him know that it didn’t work ☹️.

Message 6 of 8 (622 Views)

Hero

@HArmstrong245 

You should send in a Help Ticket from your in-game account. Advisors need mobile players to do this because in-game mobile tickets bring through needed details. Contacting by any other method will only delay support and you'll be asked to go back and send in an in-game help ticket. Also worth noting that sending in help tickets from the mobile in-game account ensures the tickets go through to the mobile advisors directly who'll be far more informed.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 7 of 8 (614 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for the helpful

info! I will do that.

Message 8 of 8 (591 Views)