Newgame+ breaks power assignment (Remnant VI)

by Majesticii

Original Post

Newgame+ breaks power assignment (Remnant VI)

★★★ Novice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Standard Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug After you hit newgame+, and have selected Remnant VI as an active power, this cannot be unassigned and you're stuck with it. Can only shuffle it to a different number, but not remove it.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? I don't know
Which single-player mode are you playing? New Game+ (available after completion).
Please select your region Europe
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds. Not relevant
What company provides your internet service? Not relevant
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a character with Remnant VI active and switch to newgame+, after you come out of the tutorial section you can't really rebind it.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
Please enter memory size in GB. 16GB

After you hit newgame+, and have selected Remnant VI as an active power, this cannot be unassigned and you're stuck with it. Can only shuffle it to a different number, but not remove it or replace it with something else. I didn't notice it until I got out of the tutorial section and started finetuning my setup again. Unsure if this is due to the latest patch, since it's the first newgame+ character.

System, though i'm pretty sure it's not really relevant.

Core i5-4670K 

16GB 2400CL11

GTX 1070

Windows 10 Pro, Creator update.

Standard Mass Effect, v1.08.

Message 1 of 6 (1,199 Views)

Re: Newgame+ breaks power assignment (Remnant VI)

Champion (Retired)

Just assign the new power you want to the same slot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (1,173 Views)

★★★ Novice

No as I've said, it refuses to do so.

Message 3 of 6 (1,146 Views)

Champion (Retired)

In your screenshot you have one free slot. That must be filled first.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 6 (1,137 Views)

★ Guide
This happens to me as well.. all slots are full.. cannot rebind the slot with the vi on any of the 4 favorites configurations.
Message 5 of 6 (972 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Dunno if people still have this problem but the easiest fix is to respec in the med bay. It will remove all slots and then just pick and choose what you want. This is just what worked for me.

Message 6 of 6 (620 Views)