[NEEDS SAVES] Newborn/Toddler/Infant sent to Daycare is not working

by ctamarti

Original Post

Re: Kids staying home with parents gone?!

Hero
@cboyle2014 Merging this with another report.

What career are your Sims in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 44 (1,930 Views)

My toddler won't go to daycare when the parents go to work.

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the expansions, game packs, and stuff packs. I'm only missing the new patch that came out in February.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When both parents) go to work or when they attend ceremony.
What happens when the bug occurs? The toddler stays home.
What do you expect to see? When the box pops up for the option of going to daycare or hire nanny. When I click on the daycare option, the toddler will not go to daycare and the box pops up again. I end up always having to hire a nanny. I don't have this problem when the parents travel to town. The toddler does go to daycare. I just have the problem when they go to work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I don't remember which patch or patch was installed, but I didn't have this problem before I installed it.

n/a

Message 12 of 44 (1,891 Views)

Re: My toddler won't go to daycare when the parents go to work.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

It doesn't happen for me consistently but did happen once.

The next day, I had an option to hire a nanny, which I did, but they never showed up so my toddler was alone on lot working on skills, etc.  This happened two days in a row.  The next day two nannies showed up on lot first thing in the morning, when they weren't needed.  I dismissed them both and was charged something like 144 Simoleons.  Hmf! 

My Sim parents alternated taking vacation days until the toddler aged up after that.

Message 13 of 44 (1,883 Views)

Re: Newborn/Toddler automatically sent to Daycare is not working

★★★★ Pro

I just had this happen with a baby when I was playing last night. I was expecting a pop up for a nanny (that’s what usually happens) and never got one and the baby wasn't sent to daycare automatically. Luckily the mom’s work day ended and she came home right after I got the pop up warning about the baby going to be taken away (I would have quit without saving if that happened since I had saved not long before).

My sim is in the writer carrier, it’s just her and the baby & the baby had just been adopted the evening before. There was a gardener working on the lot, the gardener arrived just as the mom was leaving for work. Not sure if that was a factor. I do have some MCCC modules in my game.

Best regards,

Jennifer

Version PC: 1.78.58.1030, all packs but 3 Kits

Message 14 of 44 (1,720 Views)

Babies Left Unattended

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a household with a baby and have the adult sims go to work at the same time.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have a 3 sim household: mother, father and baby. My adult sims went off to work, and no one is on the lot to care for the baby, nor was the baby sent to daycare.
What do you expect to see? I expect someone to care for my newborn when the other members of the household aren't home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've noticed this happen across a few different saves in the past few days. Originally, there was someone dropping off mail so I thought it was just odd timing and didn't think much of it at the time. But now it's occurring again. There are several sims loaded into the "lot" walking up and down the main street, and I'm unsure if the game thinks they're like... in the "house" and able to care for the baby. 

Message 15 of 44 (1,724 Views)

Re: Babies Left Unattended

★★★★ Novice

Heya, how are you?

Check for any mods left which could be faulty, try updating you game maybe? Check your settings for anything. What jobs do the mother and father sims have? As it could be a glitch thinking they are working from home.

ᴴᵒᵖᵉ ᵗʰⁱˢ ʰᵉˡᵖˢ,

⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻

ᴵ ᵈᵒ ⁿᵒᵗ ʷᵒʳᵏ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᴱᴬ ᵍᵃᵐᵉˢ,

ᴵ ᵃᵐ ˢⁱᵐᵖˡʸ ʰᵉʳᵉ ᵗᵒ ˢᵘᵖᵖᵒʳᵗ

ᵃⁿʸ ⁱˢˢᵘᵉˢ ᶠᵒᵘⁿᵈ ᵇʸ ᵖˡᵃʸᵉʳˢ

ᵒᶠ ˢⁱᵐˢ ⁴ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ᵐᵉ. 

⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻

ᴾ/ᴰᵐˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵒᵖᵉⁿ.

Message 16 of 44 (1,715 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Running a vanilla save with no mods and game is up to date.
Mother works in culinary and father works in tech, neither have an option to work from home.

Editted to add: I've used mods in the past, however they were removed previous to the start of the save file and haven't been in since.

Message 17 of 44 (1,706 Views)

Hero
@thefailedbeta I've merged your post with the existing thread on this.

Does it matter what career your Sims are in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 44 (1,670 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Crin I've noticed it with the culinary, tech, painter, and writer careers so far. I've only played with the two households.

I've been playing on short life span and trying to do two separate legacy saves, so if it happens with any of the other careers I plan to run through, I'll come back with an update.

Message 19 of 44 (1,663 Views)

Re: Newborn/Toddler automatically sent to Daycare is not working

★ Novice
@ctamarti Has there been any updates about this? My baby nor toddler are not being sent to daycare.
Message 20 of 44 (1,505 Views)