Newborn Diapers and Bottles Left on Floor

by leanmeanlimabean

Original Post

Newborn Diapers and Bottles Left on Floor

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? March 14th patch installed
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs and kits except for Star Wars and Bust The Dust.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have parents change newborn diaper or bottle feed.
What happens when the bug occurs? Diapers and bottles are always left on the floor and not cleaned up, even with Neat Trait.
What do you expect to see? Diapers to be sent to the trash can and bottles to be washed in the sink or dishwasher autonomously.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. March 14th Patch

Every time my parents take care of their newborns I have to queue an action to clean up afterwards. Throwing away diapers and cleaning bottles should be automatic.

Message 3 of 39 (13,809 Views)

Diaper and bottles just thrown on the floor

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Whenever the mom sim changes the baby diapers she just throws the dirty one on the floor. I don't know if this is because she is to lazy to walk over to the trash can I added to the room, if it's because there is no diaper genie dealio in the room, or she just wants to be a messy person but it's frustrating. I added a trashcan for her to throw the diapers in when I noticed her husband would walk half way to the trashcan in the kitchen and drop it on the floor. They just drop bottles on the floor instead of taking them to the kitchen or even placing them on a shelf or table.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title to better reflect the issue

Message 1 of 39 (14,110 Views)

Re: Gameplay baby update issue

Champion

I think this is an intended update. Changing diaper on newborn or infant (probably toddler as well, but haven’t tested that far) creates a dirty diaper object on the floor. You then have to queue throwing the diaper out as a separate action.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 2 of 39 (13,960 Views)

Re: Diaper and bottles just thrown on the floor

★★ Novice

I have a feeling "diaper genies" or something similar will be in the new expansion pack, I hope I'm not wrong because that'll be soo helpful and plain dumb of them not to add....fingers crossed!

Message 4 of 39 (13,813 Views)

Re: Newborn Diapers and Bottles Left on Floor

★★★★★ Apprentice
@leanmeanlimabean This in not a bug. It works like intended. With growing together you will have a bin for the diapers. For the basegame you won't.
Message 5 of 39 (13,761 Views)

Re: Diaper and bottles just thrown on the floor

Champion

Not only is there a diaper disposal in Growing Together, if you have Laundry Day you can choose "Use cloth diapers" in the baby care menu, and the diapers will become laundry going into your laundry basket!

Though there is currently a bug where newborn diaper laundry still lands on the floor.

She/Her
Message 6 of 39 (13,746 Views)

Champion
@leanmeanlimabean Although if you have Laundry Day there's also the option of cloth diapers that then go into the laundry...
She/Her
Message 7 of 39 (13,729 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Wait... You have to spend money to get rid of them?! wow EA has really fallen to a new low, Cause a problem in a free update that only spending money can fix. How scummy can they get!?

Message 8 of 39 (13,707 Views)

★★ Guide

Are you able to click on them to clean them up?

I think it's a throwback to previous games (particularly Sims 2), where you would literally have dozens of bottles left all over the floor and it was complete chaos.

Message 9 of 39 (13,692 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Can you drag them into a bin? 

Message 10 of 39 (13,690 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help