★ Apprentice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
Please select your region Europe
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Sigils crafting menu
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 01.01.20 00:00
Summarize your bug Sigils are not unlockable at the moment
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look for a challenge currently in the game which would reward you with such sigils - there is no such challenge.
What happens when the bug occurs? No way to get those sigils
What should be happening instead? I should be able to get them via other challenge

The new weapons sigils are not unlockable at the moment. I don't see any challenge which could unlock Pulse Accelerator, Blade Slinger and Vold Caster sigils. This is game-changing bug not allowing me to play the game as others are when using such weapons. I've found a picture on the internet which shows how an old challenge looked like. Thre is no such challenge now.

Message 1 of 8 (889 Views)

Re: New weapon sigils are not unlockable

★★★★ Pro
@SiLv3sTeR-M The challenge that awarded the volt caster, pulse accelerator and blade slinger sigils was exclusive to the first Cataclysm that started in August 2019. So this isn’t a bug, but a design decision. Perhaps they will offer the challenge again in the future.
Message 2 of 8 (864 Views)

★ Apprentice

I know, I've found and attached a picture of the awards where we can see the big red crystals which were granted during those seasons.

But you do understand that this is game-changing decision for people, who were not playing during that period or have not completed the challenge, right?

It's like, I would give bonuses to just a few selected players and the rest will lack a 30% dmg boost on their weapon. Sorry, but that's brain bug, but who am I to judge.

They did few patches afterwards, and didn't add identical challenge to get those, why? In that case it's a problem and not a bug, on that we can agree. Either way, we're not talking about cosmetics, which someone would miss during an event - big deal. Those don't give you any benefit, like sigils do. Do you see the difference? So they should either create a similar challenge (I don't see how difficult would that be) or just add those lacking sigils to all account based on the existing fraction challenges. Makes sense, doesn't it?

Message 3 of 8 (857 Views)

@SiLv3sTeR-M  I agree with you...new players should get the opportunity to aquire those....maybe you should post that in "feed back and suggestions"

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 4 of 8 (821 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@SiLv3sTeR-M I wasn't arguing that they shouldn't be made available. Like I said, maybe they will add make them available in the future. However, it is still not a bug. It’s working as designed.

Strangely, I rarely use those weapon sigils. I do most of my damage with gear, combos and my ultimate, on every javelin.
Message 5 of 8 (807 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Valhalla-strider, I agree with you to the extend where this is rather a request for change falling under suggestion.

Yet when something is affecting game play, I'd mark it as a problem, which falls out of that category, and could be addressed as Bug > Something which was not meant to be > one player to have access to more stuff then other

@ChiraaKitteh, I doubt that they intentionally would design something which results in dis-balance between players. I would mark it as problem or lack of long-term vision.

And I do use mainly gear to fight, but have tried several times to work on weapons build, for which I would benefit a lot from such sigils. In addition, you obviously have not seen the potential of Jarra's Wrath.

Message 6 of 8 (794 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@SiLv3sTeR-M @SiLv3sTeR-M Oh I know the potential of Jarra’s Wrath... I was there before they nerfed it.

If you want to keep saying it’s a bug ok, how about you 'Me Too' the following Suggestion. Wink
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Feedback-Suggestions/Can-the-new-weapon-sigils-be-made-available-to-newer-...
Message 7 of 8 (781 Views)

★ Apprentice
@ChiraaKitteh, upvoted although it's not affecting only new players Wink I've preordered the game (my biggest mistake). And after taking a break for half an year I'm giving it another chance, yet I was expecting more
Message 8 of 8 (768 Views)