Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] New jeans mess up several shoes when used for males

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Movie Hangout, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? put on the women's jeans from the new update + a pair of boots in CAS
What happens when the bug occurs? the base of the boots extends out too far
What do you expect to see? the base of the boots not extending further than the rest of it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. updated to current version of the game (as of February 25th 2021)

Jeans from 21st anniversary update mess up the texture of at least 5 different pairs of boots. I haven't re-enabled mods so none of the pairs of boots were Custom Content. (see attached image)

(sorry if this is formatted incorrectly, this is my first time posting here)

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 7 (737 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: High heels on male sim body graphical glitch

Hero

Heeled shoes no longer appear glitched while wearing ymBottom_EF28JeansSkinTight pants.

Fixed in Patch 1.84.171/1.52

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (414 Views)

All Replies

Re: New jeans mess up boots

Hero
@RavenTheFoxx Can't seem to duplicate this. Do you have the issue for all Sims or does it depend on the body form ? All swatches ?

Could you post pictures of the other boots you have issues with ?

Maybe try deleting localthumbcace file and a game repair.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (692 Views)

Hero
@RavenTheFoxx Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (631 Views)

Hero
@RavenTheFoxx Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (605 Views)

High heels on male sim body graphical glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I wanted to make an androgynous sim and was loving the high heels on him. I successfully gave him high heels in his party outfit but when I try to do the same for his regular outfit all the heels look like wedges and they even have like feet colored graphic on it and it looks really funky. I tried repairing the game and that didn't help. In play mode it looks this way too. How can I fix this?

feet2.jpgfeet3.jpgfeet1.jpg

and his party outfit to show that the heels aren't glitched in that outfit category

feetyes.jpg

Message 5 of 7 (639 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@imlizyeah It seems to be the pants/shoe combination. These are the newly added jeans from AHarries, right ?

I can duplicate the issue on males with those. I would suggest creating a bug report for the high heel/pants combination in the bug forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Nevermind. Found an older report for these jeans but for different shoes. Since it seems to be only happening for males, I wasn't able to duplicate at the time.

Have merged threads now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (608 Views)

Hero

Heeled shoes no longer appear glitched while wearing ymBottom_EF28JeansSkinTight pants.

Fixed in Patch 1.84.171/1.52

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (415 Views)