New floor raising tool bug, floors dissepear/invisible, roof over it undeletable

by LeCheffre

Original Post

New floor raising tool bug, floors dissepear/invisible, roof over it undeletable

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hard to tell. When I use the new platform tool. Sometimes I get extremely deep holes in the lot. There is a floor over it, but moving to a certain angle makes the floor dissepear as if there is no foundation at all. The thing is: Placing objects on it is near impossible too. I can only place objects close to walls because the game seems to think there is no grid where the bug happends. This happends in several rooms in the lot I am creating. Very rarely it helps by putting an entire different floor on the room. But swapping back later to the tiles I actually want, makes the bug reappear. But at this point nothing works anymore in the teahouse I am creating.
What happens when the bug occurs? The floor dissepears and a huge gap in the world appears. On the first 2 pics you see the same room. Slightly different zoom/angle. Also if I remain in the same angle the floor dissepears, but when I hover my my mouse of the floor, it reappears. It appears the roof above the "bugged" area is there. But you cannot delete it. IT seems non existant. On the latest pic ( the bathroom) I swapped the floor with another type of tile which seems to fix the bug, but that same "fixed" floor tile type bugs out in another room of the house. Its quite complicated to explain...
What do you expect to see? A fix? The new raising tool is amazing, but this is problematic. I am still creating the house... I wonder of the pathing bugs this might cause for my sims... Fear.... I do indeed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch with the snowy escape release.

Bug new floor raise system 

Message 1 of 3 (1,166 Views)

Re: New floor raising tool bug, floors dissepear/invisible, roof over it undelet

★★ Apprentice

A few more pictures. 

Message 2 of 3 (1,157 Views)

Re: New floor raising tool bug, floors dissepear/invisible, roof over it undelet

★★★ Guide
@LeCheffre I've had this happen to me PRE update - it usually involves ANYTHING diagonal, whether the room is diagonal or whether it is an octagon, which does incorporate a diagonal indirectly. Diagonal builds are the bane of my existence, therefore I want to do more of them?
Message 3 of 3 (1,087 Views)