New cosmetic indicator for all Legends, cannot be cleared

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? SayreSnake
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? All
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Lobby / Legends menu
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Sitting in lobby
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 06.05.2019
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Little to no impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? New cosmetic indicator (red light) appears for all legends, cannot be removed by clicking through badges
What should be happening instead? Red light should go away if badge is equipped
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not clear, as no one else I know has it

After receiving the badge for placing in the top 5 (1x), I equipped it from the new badge screen. When I returned to the lobby, all of my legends still have the indicator showing a new cosmetic in the Legends menu up top as well as on their individual boxes, but nothing on the left menu showings Tracker 1, 2, 3 and badges etc once a Legend is selected. I've tried unequipping everything, including the 1x streak badge, then equipping it again, but to no avail - the red indicator is still there.

Message 1 of 5 (503 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: New cosmetic indicator for all Legends, cannot be cleared

★★ Novice

I have no idea how or why, but the indicators just spontaneously disappeared (I did not reinstall.) So I guess problem solved, but I've no idea how.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (428 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Thank you for letting us know! Does is still stay there after you exit the game and right-click on Apex Legends in Origin>Select Repair?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (487 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Blueberry,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried repairing the game but the indicator is still there.

Message 3 of 5 (476 Views)

Community Manager

@xBrionne 

I know it's not ideal, but would you be able to try reinstalling the game when you plan to step away from the game for a bit? I'm concerned it could be due to corrupted files from the latest update when it was installing. We'll want to make sure that doesn't fix it before giving the team a heads up on this. Thumbs up

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 5 (453 Views)

★★ Novice

I have no idea how or why, but the indicators just spontaneously disappeared (I did not reinstall.) So I guess problem solved, but I've no idea how.

Message 5 of 5 (429 Views)