New Sound Bug

by TheKnappen

Original Post

New Sound Bug

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug So when playing Galatic Assualt and part of the sound cuts out and it gets very ear rapey if you can say it that way. After a sec or two, it gets back to normal. It usually happens when an explosion goes off and then the sound also cuts. It also happens for different users in the same server. As I played with friends and they all got the same sound bug. It actually hurt my ears when it happened.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Knappen5
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 11/02/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 21:00 PM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone? ECT - GMT + 1:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play GA and it will happen usually when explosions go off somewhere.
What happens when the bug occurs? Part of the sound cuts out and the sound there is very high volume. After a sec or two, the sound comes back.
What do you expect to see? Not for the audio to cut out and be like that for a sec or two.
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1080

So basically we played on Jakku as attackers and then I noticed the sound bug when the audio cut out and ear * me. My friends noticed the same sound bug as me. My friend also had it on Kashyyk as a defender so I don't think it's limited to a single map. If I remember correctly I think I had it earlier than today (2018-11-02). I actually managed to record it with shadowplay and it looks like it also affects my microphone in some way also? Here's the link to the video: https://youtu.be/X19oMOJl_Po

Don't know if anyone else has reported it but it doesn't seem like it. 

Cheers

Knappen

Message 1 of 33 (4,398 Views)

Re: New Sound Bug

Hello @TheKnappen

Some players already claimed that they had a similar kind of issue, however, your video is the first to prove this after the Grievous update. (I have not encountered this myself....yet). The sound in your video is indeed cutting of with explosions (or this might be coincidental). 

Also, it seems that the fix for the previous sound bug was quite good because I've not seen a single report here or on Reddit of PC players having no sound. Maybe this bug is an artifact of their fix.

I will keep an eye out on future reports describing the same bug. Hopefully, they can sort this sound bug out as well.

Message 2 of 33 (4,338 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Yeah. I haven't seen many other users have the same thing as I describe. But it was weird how the people in my game also had the same issue over different maps and such. I'm happy it's not common but for the small number of users that may have it, it's more annoying than the first audio bug. Hope more people can report it when they get it. I will try to see if it happens more times.
Message 3 of 33 (4,304 Views)

SOUND BUG STILL GUYS?!!!

★ Guide

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug SOUND BUG! 1st game tonight. Quit and reload. Come back in. SOUND BUG!
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? DokkenFrosst
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 11/14/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 8:30pm
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone? PST - GMT - 8:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You guys know about it. only been since launch.
What happens when the bug occurs? Start of match voice over starts cutting in and out then snaps and is choppy for whole damn match.
What do you expect to see? I expect a fix after a year?
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia current. 416.81 and everyone before!

This is complete nonsense. Took the summer off because of the sound bug. Was told it's fixed. I believe people. Come back this month and have gotten the sound bug every night. MULTIPLE TIMES! Why Dice/EA? This is just unacceptable for a AAA title and GAME.

Message 4 of 33 (4,257 Views)

★ Guide

It is not fixed. That is nonsense. After quitting for the summer because of the sound bug, I came back hearing it was fixed. Logged in tonight and got it first match. Quit and reloaded game. Next game...guess what? SOUND BUG! This is utter trash and has been 1 year of a horrible bug. I think I'm truly done with this game......Why is this still here?!!!!

Message 5 of 33 (4,252 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Just saw BattlefrontUpdates stream and he also had the audio bug. It's in this stream like 1h and 20 min in. Just when the Yavin IV game ends. https://youtu.be/rNzIKl3zHpI
Message 6 of 33 (4,178 Views)

Wanted to post the link to the video of @TheKnappen to keep this thread active.

https://twitter.com/TheKnappen/status/1070030148571971585

Message 7 of 33 (4,061 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Yeah thank you. In that clip you can clearly hear that it's explosion of a grenade that makes the audio cut out. So it seems like we found a trigger for it at least.

I didn't check if anyone else had the same thing as me in the server like last time when multiple people in the same server had the same sound bug like me.
Message 8 of 33 (4,056 Views)

Another one, sir. Seems to still happen!

Message 9 of 33 (3,961 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just to keep this thread alive. Had this sound bug today. 2018-12-17 https://youtu.be/7eg62odgfmo

Message 10 of 33 (3,915 Views)