Re: Sound cracks/pops

by DYSPROssium

Original Post

Re: Sound Issues

★★★★★ Novice
@DYSPROssium
Thank you for acknowledging my post and bringing it in here.
I hope it gets a permanent fix soon!
Message 21 of 33 (1,875 Views)

Sound cracks/pops

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Hello after buying the game and playing for a few hours today i started getting weird sound cracks and pops when playing Galactic Assault, at first i thought it was my speakers but they are not the problem as the issue only happens in this game i enjoy the game but when the bug happens it's unplayable and i have to quit or turn the sound off... is there something i can do to fix this?
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name?
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug?
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i was playing Galactic Assault when the bug started to happen
What happens when the bug occurs? sound bugs out / makes the game unplayable
What do you expect to see?
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

i searched around here on the forums and this guy have the exact same bug as i do he made a video too:

btw

these are my specs:
MSI B450m mortar titanium
Ryzen 5 2600
2x4GB DDR4 @ 2933Mhz
ASUS ROG Strix GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB

Message 22 of 33 (1,802 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The New Sound BUG. Which replaced the old Sound BUG. This has been covered on this report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/New-Sound-Bug/td-p/7144180

Message 23 of 33 (1,780 Views)

Re: Sound Issues

★★★★★ Apprentice
Can confirm that it's still happening. Had it yesterday 2019-03-18
Message 24 of 33 (1,776 Views)

Hello @MrHat91 and thanks for reporting in!

I've moved your post into this thread (thanks for linking it @RogueZeroRendar !) so developers know that it is still happening.

Also thanks @TheKnappen for bumping it as well. Seems to still be an issue.

Message 25 of 33 (1,762 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@DYSPROssium I haven't played much recently but does the issue still happen?
Message 26 of 33 (1,646 Views)

Re: New Sound Bug

★★★★ Apprentice

I've just started getting a sound bug that is different from the previous bugs.  I have sound when the game starts with the Lucasarts logo, but then the sound disappears for good from the Criterion logo.  Totally gone.  Restarting does not resolve it - it only repeats the pattern exactly.  I am using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 for audio.
Anybody else happening like this??

Message 27 of 33 (1,531 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I feel for you PC gamers and holdouts. These kinds of things drove me away from PC gaming for good 2 years ago. (Other than emulation like MAME, PS2, NES/SNES/N64). So many different drivers and versions of everything imaginable to ruin the gaming experience.

Battlefront II plays great on the XBox One X, and that is for sure if you are contemplating a move away from PC Gaming Bug-land.

Message 28 of 33 (1,515 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm using a Focusrite Saffire Pro24 and for all good I'm new to gaming and bought additionally a used Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB after not playing on my old GT-240 for many years. I also have the audio bug but it had been worse than now. After installing everything I was quite excited about the new experience but then got sadly disappointed. My soundcard was "jumping" between sample rates (44,1 kHz, 88,2kHz, 96kHz), all lights were blinking and absolutely no sound appeared. I found out that the new GTX1060 has own audio devices and disabled them via device manager and additionally at the Nvidia settings because my monitor also have speakers which appear at the PC audio settings. I did this all to make sure that ONLY my semi-professional soundcard gets the job, not the ones which are "just here".

When everything was done I decided to re-install the drivers for my soundcard and plugged it AFTER the installation. The sample rate switch and LED blinking was gone and Battlefront 2 loaded, logo shown up with audio and was playable in off/online modes with 75-99 fps and crystal clear sound....for hours.

I also checked if my home studio is still working fine and switched between BF2 and Ableton, everything fine....but a few days later during BF2 audio began stuttering until complete fade. Game out, game boot....everything fine...for half an hour or sometimes hours.

This is annoying because I really don't understand what the ****ing problem is...?!?!?!?

I hope it may help to fix some systems from worse to this.

Message 29 of 33 (1,425 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Yazbekistan please view #29

I wanted to reply to you but accidently didn't quick reply.
Message 30 of 33 (1,423 Views)