by whkash

Original Post

New Sim to Household, use Change Sim resets the Lot & Household to before added

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? High School Years, Cottage Living, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Werewolves, Batuu, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, My First Pet, Fitness, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Luxury Party, and Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I had a teen grown young adult. Moved to an empty lot and started building house. Bought pre-made rooms as I could afford them. Eventually asked someone to move into my household. After they moved in, bought more rooms for the house. Used the new household member and clicked on a mirror to 'Change Sim'.
What happens when the bug occurs? Once 'Change Sims' loads up the CAS, it is not the Sim used to initiate it, but the Sim who originally bought the lot. The New Sim is no longer in the Household. After backing out, the house is either gone, or the most recent save BEFORE the new Sim joined the household. The new Sim is still on the lot, but not part of household, and quickly leaves. The Rooms added since he moved in are all gone, and money is reset to before he joined as well.
What do you expect to see? My house to still be in one piece and the Sim to part of the new household.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Even when I go to recover saved files, I can see the New Household in the picture provided. I load the game, and then while in managed worlds I can see the House with all the rooms on the lot. Once I click on the lot and it loads in, this is when the New Household is reset as well as the lot is reset. Originally it reset back to the empty lot, until i saved just before adding the new Sim to the household. Then it resets to that point. 

This is my first time Splitting Household, buying and making a lot, and adding a sim to household in this Save. So I do not know if this would have been a previous problem.

Message 1 of 1 (524 Views)