by the-creative-pup

Original Post

New Patch Fixes Nothing But Added New Bugs

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Congrats on introducing more bugs and no features in this latest patch. No way to purchase new skins. Added the rewards spamming message. Sound STILL cutting out. Even more empty lobbies. It's absolutely clear you: 1) Didn't do any QA. 2) Only put previously bad code back in such as the spam. 3) All mentioned fixes are NOT part of patch.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? the-creative-pup
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 09/25/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 12:00 PM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone? PST - GMT - 8:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Launch game
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't buy new skins.
What do you expect to see? Buy skins.
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number rx460

This is horrible.

Message 1 of 6 (584 Views)

Re: New Patch Fixes Nothing But Added New Bugs

EA DICE Team

Thanks for the report. @the-creative-pup

For the sound issue, we are still looking into that.

For empty lobbies, as the patch just went live on PC it can take some time for people to populate the servers.

After the deployment of all the patches on all platforms we will activate so you can buy the new skins. This to make sure everything is working and something we did on the last patch. 

/Atic 

Message 2 of 6 (560 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Six hours after applying bogus patch, nothing but empty lobbies, still broken scoreboard display after matches, still uncapped FPS crashing PC and matchmaking still broken. This is actually even worse than before. The only thing they did in this patch is put the spam back into the game. Just as before, the only game modes with any available matches (still mostly empty too) are GA and HvV. Every other game mode is empty. Let's look at all of the lies broken down.
1) No matchmaking.
2) All empty lobbies.
3) Spam is back.
4) Uncapped FPS.
5) Default ping does nothing since you get empty lobbies anyway.
6) Even fewer matches now available.
7) Squad system doesn't work. Now you have to click to skip, then click class, then click on a squad member which doesn't do anything. Thanks for increasing time to enter game from about 5-8 seconds to about 12-15 seconds (sarcasm). What's the point of showing the other squad members since you can't spawn on them in the first place?!
8) Can't enter available vehicles even though you have enough XP. LAAT Gunship shown as available but clicking on it does nothing.

Proof of #2 and #3 is below.

Message 3 of 6 (535 Views)

★★ Apprentice
The empty lobbies is still happening and even worse than before, last night we had a group of 15 people and we waited almost 30 mins before the lobby started to fill.. isane!!
Message 4 of 6 (484 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Yep, none of the things mentioned in the patch notes other than the skins being available is working. In fact, the only thing that is working 100% is the Reward spamming message. It's comical to see the Rewards message spamming knowing that the QA department approved it.

1) Arcade is now completely broken.
2) Heroes are now running in slow motion again.
3) Game now crashes after every other match.
4) Luke's star cards still deselecting on its own.
5) Even more empty lobbies than before.
6) Squad system doesn't work.
7) Credit payout reduced by at least 50% to most matches not rewarding credits at all.
8) Rewards message constantly spamming.
9) All clone skins are wrong.
10) Add Ewok Hunt challenge and still nothing but empty lobbies.
11) Default ping site continues to produce empty lobbies.
12) Aim crosshair now moved to upper left on Arcade even though firing still centered.
13) All squad spawns now begin with trooper facing in wrong direction along with seizure-inducing flickering.

14) Matchmaking doesn't do anything at all. Same team match after match.

15) Squad system doesn't allow for choosing squad. 

Message 5 of 6 (476 Views)

★★★ Novice

Agreed some more to add to the list.

-In game stats not being shown at the end of a match as if you hadn't played it all. "sorry the game has ended information not available" I'm not playing if I don't get any f*ckin' points.... or levels I need the levels so I don't get wrecked by the max level darth maul who wants to use me as toilet paper for his @ross....b

-In Starfighter assault.. you will spawn into the game and all of sudden... JUST DIE! With the words "DEFEATED" without running in to anyone or doing anything. You are then unable to spawn.

-Weapons not appearing as if you were level 1 again...

-Matchmakin?? NERVOUS WRECK. We had an aussie lobby that needed 3 more people to get going. It was nearly full... I used the matchmaking feature to try and search for it without joining it through friends... THE MATCHMAKING SYSTEM PUT ME INTO AN EMPTY LOBBY INSTEAD OF putting me into the lobby that was nearly full... IN THE END I had to join the game by clicking "JOIN Game" In friends list...

-Managed to by skins... but who cares I'm not playing until they fix  the statistics and levelling system... There  is not point in wasting time play if you get no xp...

Message 6 of 6 (462 Views)