Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Nest protection up against Revan

by jkray622
Reply

Original Post

Re: Nest protection up against Revan

★★★ Newbie

As a player with Revan, EA CG you need to stop declaring that game mechanics are bugs after a character has been out for months and mechanics have been well established among the player base. You did this to Bossk and are now doing it to Nest.

 

When the next pay to win character comes along are you going to do it to Jedi Knight Revan too?

 

You are making the game extremely stale by removing counters to Revan just to satisfy players that cannot understand the mechanics of the game.

 

If this is a "bug" why didn't you fix it when Jango Fett came out with his stacking % HP reduction?

 

Its ridiculous that you based bonus protection off of health in the first place, when will you declare that as a bug? When your next pay to win character needs it?

Message 21 of 30 (964 Views)

Re: Nest protection up against Revan

★★★★ Newbie
"you need to stop declaring that game mechanics are bugs after a character has been out for months and mechanics have been well established among the player base. You did this to Bossk and are now doing it to Nest."

TOUCHE SIR.
Message 22 of 30 (907 Views)

Re: Nest protection up against Revan

Hero

@duramas wrote:

As a player with Revan, EA CG you need to stop declaring that game mechanics are bugs after a character has been out for months and mechanics have been well established among the player base. You did this to Bossk and are now doing it to Nest.

 

When the next pay to win character comes along are you going to do it to Jedi Knight Revan too?

 

You are making the game extremely stale by removing counters to Revan just to satisfy players that cannot understand the mechanics of the game.

 

If this is a "bug" why didn't you fix it when Jango Fett came out with his stacking % HP reduction?

 

Its ridiculous that you based bonus protection off of health in the first place, when will you declare that as a bug? When your next pay to win character needs it?


They are not "declaring them" as bugs now.  They are being identified as bugs now.  

 

To offer a counterpoint:  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Geo-Spy-not-gaining-TM-under-IG-88-Lead/m-p/7224513#M20430

This bug has existed a long time.  It still exists.  Should the Devs just leave it in-game forever because it's an "established mechanic"?  

 

Jango Fett & Sith Marauder both have stacking HP reduction.  However, the reduction occurs so infrequently that it was effectively impossible for anyone to reduce Nest's health to a point where the bug would be seen.  It could only be seen once a character was introduced that allowed for rapid Max HP reduction (Revan).  

 

Just because this bug is one that some players like does not mean it's worth keeping in the game as a mechanic. Other players have already reported this as a bug, and are likely happy that Nest's ability now appropriately matches its description.  

 

If you want to use Nest as a Revan counter, then mod him for super-high tenacity.  He will resist the max health reduction, and continue to grow his bonus protection at the normal rate.  

_____________________________________________________________
I am a volunteer on this forum, and not an employee of EA or CG. Please let me know how I can help you!
Message 23 of 30 (840 Views)

Re: Nest protection up against Revan

★★★ Newbie

@jkray622 wrote:

@duramas wrote:

As a player with Revan, EA CG you need to stop declaring that game mechanics are bugs after a character has been out for months and mechanics have been well established among the player base. You did this to Bossk and are now doing it to Nest.

 

When the next pay to win character comes along are you going to do it to Jedi Knight Revan too?

 

You are making the game extremely stale by removing counters to Revan just to satisfy players that cannot understand the mechanics of the game.

 

If this is a "bug" why didn't you fix it when Jango Fett came out with his stacking % HP reduction?

 

Its ridiculous that you based bonus protection off of health in the first place, when will you declare that as a bug? When your next pay to win character needs it?


They are not "declaring them" as bugs now.  They are being identified as bugs now.  

 

To offer a counterpoint:  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Geo-Spy-not-gaining-TM-under-IG-88-Lead/m-p/7224513#M20430

This bug has existed a long time.  It still exists.  Should the Devs just leave it in-game forever because it's an "established mechanic"?  

 

Jango Fett & Sith Marauder both have stacking HP reduction.  However, the reduction occurs so infrequently that it was effectively impossible for anyone to reduce Nest's health to a point where the bug would be seen.  It could only be seen once a character was introduced that allowed for rapid Max HP reduction (Revan).  

 

Just because this bug is one that some players like does not mean it's worth keeping in the game as a mechanic. Other players have already reported this as a bug, and are likely happy that Nest's ability now appropriately matches its description.  

 

If you want to use Nest as a Revan counter, then mod him for super-high tenacity.  He will resist the max health reduction, and continue to grow his bonus protection at the normal rate.  


Bologna, there is no where I have seen in the game that says bonus protection scales off of health, let alone max health, or current max health. It is already such a confusing mechanic for players that you have to go to third party sources to discover how the bonus protection works. WHY DOES IT EVEN SCALE OFF HEALTH? It would be like if I got salary bonus and was given vacation time instead.

 

The bug you posted is valid, because it is simple, because all you have to do is read the text in game. Very understandable bug.

 

The Nest "bug" is not valid because no where does it say that bonus protection scales off current max health, because it is not explained in the game. Did EA CG play test Revan at all? We saw the first day that Nest maintained her bonus protection based on health, why wasn't it fixed then?

 

Upon release, players complained that the bonus protection was not scaling down when Nest's health was reduced and it was declared that Nest would not be changed. EA CG would have suffered refunds for changing her kit at that time. Now that everything has settled and enough time is past, they are changing the goal posts again. It is not fair when EA CG makes these changes that players have spent lots of time and possibly money on to gear up these characters then declare these changes as "bugs".

 

Please unfix this "bug" and restore Nest to the way she was, explain bonus protection in game, and fix valid bugs like the one with Geo Spy.

Message 24 of 30 (758 Views)

Re: Nest protection up against Revan

★★★★ Novice

It’s the same damn thing. Timing is key. You say you do t work for CG but boy this is a situation where it sure feels like it.

 

This toon has been out for over 6 months. Likely people were scrambling to get her because she was so good. The problem is if players knew it was a problem on release we would have stayed away. But we spent money on her to make her better. Gear, Zetas, and 6 dot mods. You don’t get to make us feel bad for another CG error and say it’s WAI. 

Message 25 of 30 (745 Views)

Re: Nest protection up against Revan

Hero

@duramas wrote:

 

Bologna, there is no where I have seen in the game that says bonus protection scales off of health, let alone max health, or current max health. It is already such a confusing mechanic for players that you have to go to third party sources to discover how the bonus protection works. WHY DOES IT EVEN SCALE OFF HEALTH? It would be like if I got salary bonus and was given vacation time instead.

 

The bug you posted is valid, because it is simple, because all you have to do is read the text in game. Very understandable bug.

 

The Nest "bug" is not valid because no where does it say that bonus protection scales off current max health, because it is not explained in the game. Did EA CG play test Revan at all? We saw the first day that Nest maintained her bonus protection based on health, why wasn't it fixed then?

 

Upon release, players complained that the bonus protection was not scaling down when Nest's health was reduced and it was declared that Nest would not be changed. EA CG would have suffered refunds for changing her kit at that time. Now that everything has settled and enough time is past, they are changing the goal posts again. It is not fair when EA CG makes these changes that players have spent lots of time and possibly money on to gear up these characters then declare these changes as "bugs".

 

Please unfix this "bug" and restore Nest to the way she was, explain bonus protection in game, and fix valid bugs like the one with Geo Spy.

I do not know if the "Bonus Protection" mechanic is described on a tooltip or within a skill in-game.  Deathmark is not described under Death Trooper's abilities, you have to long-press on the Deathmark icon after it's applied to a character.  It's possible that the Bonus Protection mechanic is buried somewhere.  Regardless, the developers designed it to scale based on Max Health.  I personally think that the the "bonus protection" mechanic is overly complicated and non-intuitive, especially not counting it as a positive effect.  

 

Your argument about "did they not test Revan at all" is neither helpful nor accurate.  Despite all the testing that gets performed, bugs are always introduced into the game.  This Title upgrade introduced many other bugs - but it doesn't mean that they didn't test the patch.  Just because bugs were introduced in this patch does not mean they will be fixed within days, nor does it mean that those bugs should therefore be kept "as features" due to their longevity as a bug.  The developers have priorities, and they work according to those.  Things get fixed when they get fixed.  

 

Do you have a link to somewhere that the Devs reported this originally "working as intended" after Revan's release?  I never saw anything like that - the only time I've run across this issue was when the incorrect scaling of Nest's bonus protection was reported here on AnswersHQ, and it was flagged for review (and subsequently confirmed as a bug and fixed, apparently).  

 

Unfortunately, we as players don't get to decide what the developers do with the game.  If you are unhappy with this change, the Feedback Forum is the appropriate place to voice your frustration.  This AnswersHQ forum is for the identification of bugs, so the Developers will eventually fix them.  

 

SBCrumb's post on the forums clearly indicates this change was intentional, and the current state is how they intend Nest's bonus protection to work.  Therefore it is not a bug, and further discussion surrounding the topic doesn't belong here on AnswersHQ.  

 

Thanks!

_____________________________________________________________
I am a volunteer on this forum, and not an employee of EA or CG. Please let me know how I can help you!
Message 26 of 30 (700 Views)

Re: Nest protection up against Revan

[ Edited ]
Hero

@AndyCovell wrote:

It’s the same damn thing. Timing is key. You say you do t work for CG but boy this is a situation where it sure feels like it.

 

This toon has been out for over 6 months. Likely people were scrambling to get her because she was so good. The problem is if players knew it was a problem on release we would have stayed away. But we spent money on her to make her better. Gear, Zetas, and 6 dot mods. You don’t get to make us feel bad for another CG error and say it’s WAI. 


Nest's protection bonus plays exactly the same as it did before - except in situations where her max health is drastically reduced (which right now is only vs Revan).  Nest is still a very powerful character in many aspects of the game, and just has some reduced usefulness when fighting Revan.  If you choose to mod her for high tenacity (which allows her to resist the max health reduction), then she will retain the same functionality she had pre-patch.  

 

 

I know lots of players who have Revan (including myself), and don't know anyone who had trouble beating Nest.  My GMY could one-shot a Nest with full health and protection - she never got a chance to stack bonus protection anyway.  Occam's razor indicates that the situation exists as it was presented - this bug was identified after Revan's release, it was slated for fix, and it was fixed.  It should have never behaved this way to begin with, but the developers (who are human) accidentally coded the bonus protection to calculate based on character's initial max health instead of the current max health.  Now they have fixed it.  

 

I am not trying to make anyone feel bad.  I am trying to have a conversation.  SBCrumb has made it clear that this change was intentional.  You can think that it's a grand conspiracy, and that CG has changed their stance on this skill.  But I doubt that to be the case, because CG making this part of a conspiracy to "appease whales" would be illogical.  

_____________________________________________________________
I am a volunteer on this forum, and not an employee of EA or CG. Please let me know how I can help you!
Message 27 of 30 (677 Views)

Re: Nest protection up against Revan

★★★★ Novice

@jkray622 wrote:
Jango Fett & Sith Marauder both have stacking HP reduction.  However, the reduction occurs so infrequently that it was effectively impossible for anyone to reduce Nest's health to a point where the bug would be seen.

Although, you would like to assume that the developers have debugging tools to be able to test things like this. With proper tools, it would have only taken one reduction from either of those characters to see that it's not WAI.

 

If they can decide that your battles were "out of bounds" they need the tools to be able to see that. The tools to be able to test something like this are just looking at different stats in the battle.

Message 28 of 30 (78 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Nest protection up against Revan

Hero
I assume they have the tools. I also assume they are humans, and thus fallible. Many bugs get identified by the player base (this forum is proof of that), but no players would notice this bug until it became prevalent through Revan's kit.

It's also possible that this function of Revan's stacking health reduction was added as a last minute bonus to his kit, and wasn't properly tested.

The Devs have said this was a bug, it was not working as intended, the fix is intentional, and the new functionality is the way it was always intended. That's pretty much the end of story.
_____________________________________________________________
I am a volunteer on this forum, and not an employee of EA or CG. Please let me know how I can help you!
Message 29 of 30 (71 Views)

Re: Nest protection up against Revan

★★★★ Novice

to me it just sounds like the o.p. Is just butt hurt that someone is a better player then his wallet 

Message 30 of 30 (30 Views)

GET SUPPORT AS YOU PLAY

Find and tap Contact Support in-game under Settings, or contact us on EA Help.

Contact EA Help

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help