Re: Nest protection up against Revan

by DalajLamama

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Revan's leadership reduces the max health of a target with Bonus Protection. There are currently 2 characters in the game that can gain Bonus Protection. They are Enfys Nest and Darth Traya. As @OMEGA_RAZER pointed out, reducing max health should reduce the Bonus Protection, but it is not. This interaction is clearly a bug. Please fix at the earliest available opportunity.

Here is the relevant mechanics on swgoh.gg of Revan's leadership:

RevanLead.png

Message 11 of 30 (2,530 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I actually pointed out the opposite Surplus.

Message 12 of 30 (2,520 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_HighCommand did you get a chance to test it again ?

@OMEGA_RAZER it doesn't say "initial max health" either, so I think the argument can be used both ways. To me, it makes more sense that this is the current max health. The protection up is gained at a point of time, and it takes the "max health" to calculate the value. It seems logical that the value is taken at this specific point of time. Especially when Revan reduce the max health permanently, this is not some kind of debuff that will expire at some point.

Especially when the result is a team of 2 toons destroying a full g12 teams in auto Tongue out

Btw, in my shard, they are now experimenting with Hoda as a 3rd toon, to increase nest damage and defense, and thus make the win very close to 100%. So only 3 toons to get 100% winrate, while 2 toons was around 80% according to them.
Message 13 of 30 (2,509 Views)

★★★ Novice

You pointed out what the bug was OMEGA_RAZER. Which is that Enfys Nest uses a stat called TARGET_MAX_HP to gain her Bonus Protection instead of Max Health. Looking through swgoh.gg at Traya's Bonus Protection ability it would appear that it correctly references Max Health.

Here is Traya's ability that gives her Bonus Protection:
TrayaBonusProt.png

Enfys Nest on the other hand does not. Here is her ability:
EnfysBonusProt.png

Of the 2 Bonus Protection abilities in the game currently, only 1 is being correctly reduced by Revan's leadership that reduces Max Health.

Message 14 of 30 (2,503 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's still far from 100% win rate and it's terrible on defense unless you're a really bad pilot of Revan but I digress.

It doesn't need to say initial max health though. Nest's maximum health for a battle and her initial max health are always the same. Her maximum health and her current maximum health are almost never the same in these matches. Her unique is checking her max health and not the current maximum.

Message 15 of 30 (2,502 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_HighCommand any update on this incident ?

Thank you
Message 16 of 30 (2,451 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Cadaodan and thank you for your patience.

We've flagged this for further investigation.

Message 17 of 30 (13,491 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Now Nest is nerfed. Thanks a lot pal!

Message 18 of 30 (2,252 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Well done wallet cry baby! Thanks a lot for that nerf.

Message 19 of 30 (2,078 Views)

SBCrumb has confirmed that this change was intentional, and the pre-patch behavior of Nest's bonus protection calculation was a bug.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189209/bonus-protection-calculation-chang...