[OPEN] Neighbourhood stories not taking family into account

by CoolCoffeeCat

Original Post

Siblings keep calling to date eachother.

★ Guide

I don't know what's going on with the bug reporting. "new topic" used to take me to it but now the form is just gone? Ill copy and paste it but it's still weird its not here. I don't know where it went or what I'm doing differently. Weird. 

Product: The Sims 4

PlatformPC

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)

What is your current game version number? 1.86.166.1030

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Deluxe, Get to Work. Get together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Island Living, Eco Lifestyle, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Perfect Patio, Spooky, Movie Hangout, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Laundry Day, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting.

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game. Have many many kids. Move them out. Wait for the call..

What happens when the bug occurs? Sims call up and ask your played sim about dating their literal siblings.

What do you expect to see? I expect them to not ask to date their siblings.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes

This has happened 6 times in a row. None of them have ever called to ask to date anyone else. They only want to date their siblings. They call to ask about being friends with other sims, but only ask to date their siblings. If they were to interact in the overworld it would say "half brother/sister" and would have no romantic options available. 

Message 11 of 23 (985 Views)

Re: Siblings keep calling to date eachother.

★ Guide

Here's some more images. Image 6 is actually the 7th time now.

Message 12 of 23 (965 Views)

Story Progression causing inappropriate relationships.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.57.2.4400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None, except for the free packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure, Sim was friends with a sim with a sibling, who eventually called and asked my sim if she should try proceeding a romantic relationship with her brother.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim calls and asks if they should proceed a romantic relationship with their sibling.
What do you expect to see? For the sim to not ask about romantic advice resulting in an inappropriate relationship.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

https://youtu.be/qsLqg8wxElw Video showing these in action, along with screenshots.

Message 13 of 23 (843 Views)

Re: Story Progression causing inappropriate relationships.

★★★ Newbie
@Rexhonk After making a new save file, where i made three other families all with a sister and brother, befriended them, and then played as normal in a different family, i can say that this issue seems uncomfortably common, within around three sims days one had already asked if they should pursue a romantic relationship with their sibling.
Message 14 of 23 (818 Views)

Sims 4 Neighborhood stories

★★★ Newbie

Yeah so I was playing the 100 baby challenge, and with the new-ish neighborhood stories sims that your sim knows call to ask about friendships and romances. My son's daughter called my sim to ask about pursuing a romantic relationship with her half brother. You could use the excuse that they wouldn't know each other, but they're not that far apart in age and I believe they were in the house at the same time. I don't really have a question, it's more of just something small that could be fixed. 

Message 15 of 23 (794 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Neighborhood stories

Hero (Retired)

@Phoenix_light07 I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Please share your save as requested if you are on PS5/5 https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Neighbourhood-stories-not-taking-family-into-account/m-p/11411...

Message 16 of 23 (739 Views)

Brother calls sister about crush on other sister

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.86.166.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything, except: My Wedding Stories, Decor to the Max Kit, Carnaval Streetwear Kit & Modern Streetwear Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hoping for a phone call.
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim got a call from her brother that he has a crush on their sister. And if he should do anything about it...
What do you expect to see? No incest in the game - or the potential to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I know I play with mods, but nothing for this kind of messages. I've never seen it before but I was flabbergasted to see it.

Message 17 of 23 (726 Views)

NPC phone call event makes her date her own brother?

★ Novice

Before I start, no, i have no mods in my game.

But my sim's husband received a phone call of his sister asking if she shouls ask X sim to a date, i pick yes. I didn't know who that sim was so i thoguht "yeah, sure, why not". I went to check later cuz i thought it would be cool if my sim's child could have some cousins, turns out the sim that the sister was asking about was her OTHER brother. Yes, she was asking if she should date her own brother lol.

Then i check her relationships and she even have a romance bar with her brother (again, NO mods).

Did it happen with anyone already? Is it common in ts4?

bug1.pngbug1.png

Message 18 of 23 (693 Views)

Re: NPC phone call event makes her date her own brother?

★★★ Pro

@troxachan 

Yeah, the just forgot AGAIN to make right filters. It’s a vanilla issue. I am sorry, you sister is now in love with her brother. … best is to go back to an older save if you don’t like this kind of love between family.  (If you play on PC you can fix it with MCCC, if you play on console you can’t fix it; I am truly sorry for this)

Message 19 of 23 (639 Views)

Sim wants to date cousin?

★★ Apprentice

I was playing The Sims 4 yesterday when my sim got one of those advice calls from her brother, Henry, and he asked her if she thinks he should date their cousin. It said, "Hey Violet! I think Ashlee Spivey is pretty cute, should I ask her out?" I of course said no, but I'm assuming this is a bug? They are first cousins (Ashlee's mom and Violet & Henry's mom are sisters.) I had no mods installed at the time, only a bit of CAS CC.

Message 20 of 23 (572 Views)