by CoolCoffeeCat

Original Post

[OPEN] Neighbourhood stories not taking family into account

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.86.166.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except "My wedding stories"
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You need a neighbourhood with a few sims that are related to other households. Like cousins and aunts and uncles, etc. Then you need your sim to befriend them so that they will call to you for advice.
What happens when the bug occurs? A sim will call up and ask for advice. It's the "I have a crush on (name). do you think I should give it a shot?" message. However it about a relative. So far I've had a guy telling me he has a crush on his cousin and a niece saying she's romantically interested in her uncle...
What do you expect to see? The object of the message not being a relative! Aka the call taking family into account and not randomising a crush on them!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I started noticing the problems after the patch on the 15th of March 2022. However it might have been present earlier.

You need a neighbourhood with a few sims that are related to other households. Like cousins and aunts and uncles, etc. Then you need your sim to befriend them so that they will call to you for advice.  A sim will call up and ask for advice. It's the "I have a crush on (name). do you think I should give it a shot?" message. However it about a relative. So far I've had a guy telling me he has a crush on his cousin and a niece saying she's romantically interested in her uncle... 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 23 (1,469 Views)

Re: Neighbourhood stories not taking family into account

★★★★ Novice

Pictures from my game

Message 2 of 23 (1,462 Views)

EA Staff
@CoolCoffeeCat Could you confirm if the issue your described is the same as this one https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Phone-Calls-from-Household-Members/td-p/11371812

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 23 (1,409 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@SimGuruRitzy Hi, no it's not the same. The people calling are not from the same household. 

Message 4 of 23 (1,361 Views)

★★ Guide

I just had this issue also. Laura just called saying she has a crush on Jennifer. Her SISTER. Please fix this. It’s so disturbing 

Message 5 of 23 (1,337 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Added one of them to my household and they have gotten romantic feelings for each other despite them being cousins

Message 6 of 23 (1,334 Views)

EA Staff
@xjodielaura Are you on console too?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 23 (1,288 Views)

★★ Guide
@SimGuruRitzy Yes! PS4
Message 8 of 23 (1,259 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SimGuruRitzy Wait too? I'm not on console I play on PC!
Message 9 of 23 (1,219 Views)

EA Staff
@CoolCoffeeCat
Don't forget to hit me too on this thread.

If you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Message 10 of 23 (1,169 Views)