Negative Competitive Rating for a win? Needs to be fixed!!

by Redwingss12

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Negative Competitive Rating for a win? Needs to be fixed!!

★★★ Novice

Product: NHL 20
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Well I won’t game of Threes online and somehow I got a negative Competitive rating for the win.
What happens when the bug occurs? I won a threes online game 6-0 but my competitive rating went down 22 points!!!
What do you expect to see? I want this to be fixed so that my competitive rating will never go down when I win. It should only go up obviously.
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Online
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Threes Online
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 11:57 PM
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Rising ArcAngel
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? English

I won a threes online game but received -22 competitive points for a 6-0 win.

Message 1 of 12 (1,532 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Negative Competitive Rating for a win? Needs to be fixed!!

Community Manager

It's possible that's the issue then. Wireless is unreliable and prone to disconnects/lag. Especially when the signal has to travel through walls and/or floors. This gets worse when there are other devices sharing the same connection. It's worse still when anyone is streaming media while you're playing. Until you get wired, or at a minimum, closer to the router, this will continue to happen. You can try changing the wireless channel you're using. That may help. Also, you could try opening the ports for NHL. They are listed here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/. You can get some help with this at www.portforward.com.

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 12 (1,355 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @Redwingss12.

Which mode exactly were you playing? Was this Threes Eliminator or 3v3 EASHL?

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 12 (1,473 Views)

★★★ Novice

It was online threes versus

Message 3 of 12 (1,449 Views)

Community Manager

@Redwingss12 

Were you playing drop-in 3v3, club 3v3 or Threes Eliminator? Also, are you on a wired or wireless connection?

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 12 (1,430 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’m on a wireless connection and I was playing the online threes drop in I believe. It’s when you just play threes online and it keeps your record and competitive rating.

Message 5 of 12 (1,409 Views)

Community Manager

@Redwingss12 

Can you switch to a wired connection or is your router too far away?

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 12 (1,397 Views)

★★★ Novice

The router is too far away.

Message 7 of 12 (1,380 Views)

Community Manager

It's possible that's the issue then. Wireless is unreliable and prone to disconnects/lag. Especially when the signal has to travel through walls and/or floors. This gets worse when there are other devices sharing the same connection. It's worse still when anyone is streaming media while you're playing. Until you get wired, or at a minimum, closer to the router, this will continue to happen. You can try changing the wireless channel you're using. That may help. Also, you could try opening the ports for NHL. They are listed here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/. You can get some help with this at www.portforward.com.

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 12 (1,356 Views)

★★★ Novice

yeah I see the problem. I am streaming while playing and my router is far and the connection goes through walls and I also have a lot of other people using the same connection.

Message 9 of 12 (1,348 Views)

Community Manager

@Redwingss12 

Ok. That's most likely why this is happening then. You may also want to consider a powerline adaptor. That has been a good solution for many others in your situation.

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 12 (1,339 Views)