[Needs Info] Retired/Removed sims won’t leave

by JeremySim45

Original Post

[Needs Info] Retired/Removed sims won’t leave

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 12
OS Version iOS 15.4
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am not sure?
What do you expect to see? The issue to be looked into, possibly fixed.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 12
OS Version iOS 15.4
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am not sure?
What do you expect to see? The issue to be looked into, possibly fixed.
Connection Type Wifi
Country USA

My sims I retired a month ago has not left. I did all the correct steps and didn’t retire her during an event. But she hasn’t left. Here character appears in the generations tab but she still exists in my house and won’t leave. I can’t even click on her it says she is busy. It’s weird because I just retired three more sims and they all did fine. I have played this game since the year it released this is weird. Also I just retired two sims that are twins recently and they won’t leave either. I didn’t do the hobby or career mentoring with them but I did remove both of them after they hung around for two day and didn’t aske to leave. But one of them is still here after I removed both of them. The two sims I mentioned  show up in the generations tab but they are still in my house. I can’t talk to any of them. Also the previous sim I died her hair blonde as opposed to grey but that was because I went to the Friends tab and pressed socialize with a sim she was acquainted with previously. I NEED HELP.

Message 2 of 27 (4,652 Views)

Sims mobile retirement issue

★★★★★ Newbie

List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 12 Pro Max
OS Version iPhone 12 Pro Max
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Retired sims
What do you expect to see?
Connection Type Wifi
Country United States

Retired sims are stuck in hobby mode. 
elder sims won’t allow me to demolish house to rebuild says they are busy. Also can’t move out elder sims. 

Message 1 of 27 (4,773 Views)

Re: Sims mobile retirement issue

★★★★ Novice
@2d8hug16jhl8 I’ve run out of space for new sims. All my retired sims are stuck and won’t leave.
Message 3 of 27 (4,635 Views)

Unable to interact with retired sim

★★★ Newbie

List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone Xs
OS Version iOS 15.3.1
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you retire a sim that you never established a relationship with and click them, you will realize you are not able to even touch the sim, no description box appears at the bottom right corner and you could easily walk right through the sim if you attempt tapping on them.
What do you expect to see? I want to be able to interact with my retired sim
Connection Type Wifi
Country United States of America

This sim just stands around in this lot and cannot be tapped on. He is preventing me from

buying a house for this plot as it says he is busy whenever I try buying a house.

Message 4 of 27 (4,508 Views)

Re: Sims mobile retirement issue

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue. My retired sims have not moved out on their own. I can't click on them with my active sims. Do we have to manually "remove" retired sims? I don't want to click on this option because what if they get removed from the generations family portrait. 

Message 5 of 27 (4,382 Views)

Re: Retired/Removed sims won’t leave

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue. My retired sims have not moved out on their own. I can't click on them with my active sims. Do we have to manually "remove" retired sims? I don't want to click on this option because what if they get removed from the generations family portrait. 

Message 6 of 27 (4,393 Views)

Retired Sim Won't Leave House

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Google pixel 5
OS Version Unknown
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Retired sim never comes up with the option to leave/does, other Sims can't add them to contacts or socialize with them elsewhere (marketplace, Parkside, etc,) because retired sim is "busy"
What do you expect to see?
Connection Type Mobile
Country United States

Hopefully someone has an idea how to fix this, retired sim often gets in the way

Message 7 of 27 (4,407 Views)

Retired/removed sim busy and won’t leave

★★★ Newbie

I can usually deal with the bugs in this game , but this one’s made me super angry. 

Two months ago, I retired a sim and then removed him. He wasn’t busy at all, in fact I had just completed a story with him. What I noticed is that he’s still in his yoga outfit , and I accidentally retired him in it. Ever since I removed him, he’s been stuck in some kind of yoga event and has been doing yoga on the mats and hanging around the bathroom. I can’t get sims to interact with him, but the game includes him as an action at events within the house , but you can’t click on the star above his head. 

I also can’t bulldoze my lot , and he’s not on the list to take him to another lot either. If he’s in the room I can’t put it into storage. 

I’ve restarted the game , deleted it and completely started again, and I really don’t want to have to rebuild my entire house on a new lot but it’s looking like I’ll need to! How do I even fix this 🤯 

this game tends to put my sims in random events that I haven’t even put them in, and give me the rewards for it. Maybe that’s what happened? I don’t even know. 

Message 8 of 27 (4,343 Views)

Cannot remove inactive sims

★★ Newbie

Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Apple iPad
OS Version 15.4.1
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? “Retired” sims and one child have been inactive on household lot and cannot be interacted with.
What do you expect to see? To be able to actually remove the retired sims, and “grow” the child or remove it all together.
Connection Type Wifi
Country USA

Cannot interact with or remove the retired sims. Have tried moving them to another lot but they still stay on the main lot. One child has also been deactivated somehow - cannot interact with it either.

Message 9 of 27 (4,338 Views)

Sims seem to be “stuck,” Unable to interact

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPad 11 Pro
OS Version 15.4.1
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 324 Emerald Lane, Roland home
What do you expect to see? Sim able to be used for events or have the ability to make Sim leave since they are “retired.”
Connection Type Wifi
Country U.S.

I have been unable to interact with my “retired” Sim. This has been an issue since the last Sweet Treat Event. When I tap on them, no options come up. I also have a stuck Sim in the back yard with the same issue. Both Sims have not moved from the spots they are stuck in. I have done all known troubleshooting and nothing has changed. I have attached a screenshot.

[Edited by CM]

Message 10 of 27 (4,232 Views)