Natural Growth Bug in Franchise

by RastaTanca

Original Post

Natural Growth Bug in Franchise

★★★ Novice

Product: NHL 21
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play Franchise mode with morale on progress multiple seasons to see the bug compounded.
What happens when the bug occurs? When morale is on the natural growth of young players sharply declines. When morale is off the bug no longer happens.
What do you expect to see? At the very least return the values back to nhl 20
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Online
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Franchise
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) All day everyday
What is your time zone? GMT (UTC)
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? English

The natural growth bug breaks franchise. Turning off morale solves that bug but obviously loses out on several other features.

Message 1 of 11 (936 Views)

Re: Natural Growth Bug in Franchise

★★★ Guide
@RastaTanca I could be wrong, but I thought they also regressed even with morale turned off? Prospects and fully grown players, I thought they lost growth, when they shouldn’t have been.

I may be mistaken, but I thought that after a good season, the player had a huge decline in the preseason, more than they should
Message 2 of 11 (922 Views)

★★★ Novice

No response from EA?

Message 3 of 11 (857 Views)

★★★ Guide
@RastaTanca They don’t respond to bugs, they supposedly just add it to their list.

Unfortunately, I don’t think it’ll be patched this year. EA mods have said they like to wait til the next instalment in the series to patch most bugs.. which means they never catch up cus they create more bugs each time a new game is put out. We never receive a complete game
Message 4 of 11 (852 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

They’d rather us think they’re ignoring us instead of confirming whether or not they were able to at least recreate the issue. 

Message 5 of 11 (840 Views)

Community Manager

@kyl_35 

We are not involved in bug reproducing, testing, fixing, etc. If we hear something back from the dev team, we'll report it. Just because we're not here daily saying we're still aware of this issue and don't have an update, it doesn't mean it's being ignored. 

Most bugs are patched within the first 6 months of the game's release. When bugs aren't addressed in that time, they normally wait for the next installment of the game. I absolutely understand how frustrating this can be. The dev team has a limited amount of time to get issues resolved and typically the ones that affect the biggest population of the community get addressed first. Offline modes have received bug fixes this year, but obviously not all of them. Franchise is a very complicated mode. While it may seem like something is very easy to fix, that's normally not the case as changing one thing very often affects many others. In some cases, a fix can cause more issues elsewhere. It takes a lot of time to reproduce and fix bugs. The dev team gets as many of them handled post-launch as they can. Unfortunately, some need to wait for the future.

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 11 (813 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I can understand all of that, but this is at least the third thread where this mode-breaking bug has been brought up since November and only now is there any sort of acknowledgment it’s been read by anyone at EA. Since you guys are often asking for videos, I did assume you recreated/confirmed the issues before reporting, so sorry about getting that part wrong. 

One post saying, “Reported to Dev” would have lessened some frustration (at least from my end). Heck, if I read in a previous thread that this has been reported to Dev, I would’ve replied to this one saying as much. 

Message 7 of 11 (806 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So you are saying the $80 I purchased that is broken, I will have to wait and buy entirely new game and hope its fixed then? That's completely [profanity removed] and you know it!

Edit: Removed profanity. Please keep this rule in mind:

• Don't curse or swear. Don't try to get away with it by using symbols in place of letters, too. We all k*** what you're trying to s**.

-CM

Message 8 of 11 (795 Views)

Community Manager

@kyl_35 

As the title of this forum states, it's for reporting bugs so responding to every post saying it was reported doesn't really make sense. We aren't on the dev team. We're not developers. We're not responsible for fixing bugs. We're responsible for reporting them. Everything here is seen by the dev team. We also regularly send them reports. We monitor many different forums here and aren't able to respond daily saying we're still aware of each and every issue. I'm very sorry for the frustration, but fixing bugs is not an overnight process and frequently means waiting many months or until a future game before they are addressed.

Aljo.png
Message 9 of 11 (792 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I’m not saying you need to reply to these within an hour, or a day, or even a week. But at some point over 3 months with no acknowledgement about a mode-breaking bug, it makes one wonder if the people in charge of the game are even aware how broken their game is. 

The only way we have of knowing that is through your responses. 

I see you guys spend hours on here working with people on their connection issues to the servers (honestly, great work in that, by the way). I see you reply to some issues that they have been reported to development, and then I see several valid bug reports with no confirmation whatsoever. Why wouldn’t I want the same confirmation for bugs that affect the only mode I care about, and the entire reason I buy this game?

Look, I’m aware that this part of your job has to be the worst. Some people outright attack you guys just for being the messenger. I have no desire to be that guy, in fact I want to be the opposite. I’m sure there are plenty of other people on here who are in the same boat as me. We just can’t do that if there is no information we can help relay. 

Message 10 of 11 (777 Views)