Re: Nanocan Touchless Trash Compactor

by Dorabella123

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Nanocan Touchless Trash Compactor

★★★ Guide

Hi

I have had a bug with the NanoCan touchless trash compactor since the Decemebr patch.

I have moved a few of my sim families into new houses and the NanoCan no longer pays any money in these households though it does compact the trash.  It still pays in households where the sims have not moved.  My friend is also experiencing the same issue.

I have removed mods, deleted caches, replaced the bins etc and they just will not work as they once did.  I assume it is a bug with the patch.

Message 1 of 5 (4,328 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Guide

Ha ha.  Yes it does.  It pays $10 per number of sims in a household so if you have 8 sims, you will get $80 for your bit of rubbish.

Anyway, I sent you a PM, Crinrict, but just letting you know publicly that the problem seems to be fixed.

After the last patch, new homes seem to get set (incorrectly) as Generic instead of Residential.  This could be the problem when sim visitors won't go home.

Anyway, when I checked my houses, the ones where the bin was not paying money (these were my new houses) were indeed set as 'Generic' and my older ones, with the paying bin, were correctly set as 'Residential.'

Changing my new houses to Residential has fixed the problem and my bins are back to making my sims rich again. Standard smile

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (4,479 Views)

All Replies

Hero

I didn't even know it pays money, lol

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (4,319 Views)

★★★ Guide

Ha ha.  Yes it does.  It pays $10 per number of sims in a household so if you have 8 sims, you will get $80 for your bit of rubbish.

Anyway, I sent you a PM, Crinrict, but just letting you know publicly that the problem seems to be fixed.

After the last patch, new homes seem to get set (incorrectly) as Generic instead of Residential.  This could be the problem when sim visitors won't go home.

Anyway, when I checked my houses, the ones where the bin was not paying money (these were my new houses) were indeed set as 'Generic' and my older ones, with the paying bin, were correctly set as 'Residential.'

Changing my new houses to Residential has fixed the problem and my bins are back to making my sims rich again. Standard smile

Message 3 of 5 (4,480 Views)

Hero

Thanks.

I've moved it to the list of things caused by this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (4,302 Views)

★★★★ Novice

THANK YOU! This was the exact same issue that I had! 

Message 5 of 5 (4,212 Views)